If you’re reading this, odds are you have an ad blocker turned on and saw a message asking you to consider whitelisting TechSpot. If you have whitelisted us, thank you for doing that. If you haven’t done so yet, give us a minute to explain why we hope you will, and offer you a couple of alternatives.
Browsing the web without advertisements is nice. We get that. But as you can imagine, TechSpot costs quite a bit to run – we're a small team of editors and writers, we buy hardware and software to put tests together, we send reporters to cover events like CES and MWC, pay for web development, servers, and so on.
About 95% of our income comes from showing ads on the pages you read on TechSpot. When you visit our site with an ad blocker turned on, we cannot show the ads and cannot charge our advertisers. If we can’t show the ads, we earn NO revenue. And no revenue means no TechSpot.
For that reason here's what we are doing about it:
- We have strict guidelines about the advertising formats we use, 95% of the time you should simply see regular ads that are not intrusive.
- All ads are loaded asynchronously. They won't slow loading of content.
- We are working with ad providers and industry leaders to improve delivery speeds further.
If you create a user account and log in:
- You will see less ads by default (TechSpot accounts are free).
- You'll see zero, zilch, zip, nada, no intrusive ads.
- We won't receive any extra revenue, but we count on you visiting TechSpot more often and engaging more with our community, so we try to give back in this way.
- Support the tech site you love with a small contribution, and we'll remove all ads and offer a few more perks down the line. Platinum was a 'hidden' account option for some time, but we're now bringing it up to more people's attention. We've often been asked if we'd offer such an option, so here you have it -- TechSpot ad free and guilt free.
Thank you for your consideration.