Blue screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prluver

Hello I have a dell dimension 4550, and a blue screen popped up saying:

Stop: c0000145 {application error}
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000003a). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Begginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contacts your system administrator or technical group for further
Assistance.

Anyone know to fix this? Thanks in advance.

I tried restarting and now this blue screen pops up

Stop: c000021a {fatal system error}
The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a statuof 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0xoooooooo).
The system has been shut down

Hi, prluver. I couldn't find anything concerning error 0x145.

Your other error 0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

* Try Safe Mode.

Have you scanned for any infections? If not do so. What is your security software and are you behind a router?

Also, in your next post attach your Minidump Files.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually

Hey route 44, I've tried running on safe mode but my computer still restarts. I forgot to mention that my computer restarts, I tried on the menu with safe mode "stop restarting with system failure" something like that, and that when I get the blue screens.

Okay, then we're going to approach this from a different angle. I want you to run Memtest on your RAM. The good thing about this test is that it engages almost immediately after boot-up.

See this link and follow instructions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Hey, thanks for getting back to us. Did you have any corrupted memory or did it only need the reformatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back