Google updates Chrome 12, fixes seven flaws

By Emil
Jun 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Google has updated version 12 of its browser. You can find the full changelog for this release of Chrome over at build.chromium.org.

Read the whole story
  2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Can someone explain a real-world situation in which someone would use google gears? I never understood it's purpose, so I'm glad it's gone.
  3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I'm somehow running the 13 beta. Good thing Google is not using descriptive phrases for each release, they'd run out of ideas.
  4. Placeholder

Placeholder Newcomer, in training Posts: 21

All of a sudden since the update I'm having character garbage displaying instead of alpha-numerics on Chrome on my Win 7, but not my Vista machine. Anyone else having issues...???
  5. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

I'm also running Chrome 13 Beta. I don't see much in the form of new features but mostly security and bug fixes. Lately, I've had a print preview error while trying to print documents from our company's website. This error only cropped up in version 13 and will hopefully be remedied in Chrome 14 this month.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.