TechSpot

Help me I am drowning in a sea of malware

By mnfedwolf
May 7, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, please help me. Problems started with the beetles eating my homepage desktop. Then virus isolator downloaded itself, then had blue background with yellow writing saying 'Spyware detected on computer...'. Keep getting popups to download virus, adware, malware software. Now have winfixer. On the web homepage have new tool bar. So far have ran ad aware, macafee scan, smitfraud scan, and hijack this. Results are posted. Thank You all in advance. I need to attach the hijack summary in a reply.

Please see thread reply
  2. mnfedwolf

mnfedwolf Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

My hijack this scan log

Please help me
  3. kwhalen2000

kwhalen2000 Newcomer, in training

Beetles Eating Icons

I have purchased spyware (Spy Sweeper) with no luck! I have a user that has the wallpaper changed to the yellow triangle warning - beetles eating her desktop and a popup saying Adware.WIN32.MalwareAlarm...see attached. PLEASE HELP!!
  4. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,048

tell me you didn't click yes on that box. It is a scam to get you to buy their product.

However, this is somebody elses thread so you really need to start your own in our security and the web section
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.