TechSpot

Mozilla releases Firefox 19 stable with built-in PDF viewer

By Jos
Feb 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Mozilla has published the latest stable release of Firefox 19 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. The update is rather short on new features, but it does include a built-in PDF viewer that will eliminate the need for third-party plugins...

Read more
  2. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 697   +212

Yes, that's <b>exactly</b> what all the desktop users were begging for - a PDF viewer, because nobody has Adobe or Foxit installed, right? We didn't care about all the pop-up dialogs that don't load correctly, or the abysmally slow menu navigation. No, Mozilla wasn't distracted by all the bug reports or forum postings..they saw right into our very <I>souls</I> and realized that deep down, what we really desired was more bloat. Great job, guys!
  3. Ma_ga

Ma_ga Newcomer, in training Posts: 39

I use Foxit on the desktop, but prefer the built-in pdf reader to preview pdfs from the web, it's faster.

also use Aurora instead of firefox.
  4. I've already had a chance to try the new firefox and I LOVE the PDF viewer!! Great addition to an already superb product!
  5. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +123 Staff Member

psycros why all the hate?
    I think bundling a PDF viewer is great, for the users that don't need a didicated external viewer (meaning the majority) they can now uninstall the bug & securityhole ridden Adobe Reader from their systems!
  6. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 454   +54

Isn't it still useful to have an offline PDF viewer? I use Sumatra PDF.
  7. Dustyn

Dustyn Newcomer, in training Posts: 31

I don't?
    Don't like either of those companies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.