Report: Far Cry 6 will be revealed next month

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Good news for fans of the Far Cry series: the next game in the long-running franchise will reportedly be announced next month at the Ubisoft Forward event. It’s also reported that Far Cry 6, assuming that’s its name, will leave the North American location seen in the last two titles and return to a more familiar, exotic setting.

The claim comes from Gamereactor.dk, which writes that the game will be unveiled at the Ubisoft show. We heard last month that the company was livestreaming this “E3-style” digital conference on July 12 at 12 pm PST, where it will announce games that had been intended for the canceled E3 event.

A new Far Cry game isn’t totally unexpected. Ubisoft previously said it would release five “AAA” games before the end of March 2021. Watch Dogs: Legion, Gods & Monsters, and Rainbow Six: Quarantine, have all been confirmed, and we recently learned of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. While the final, fifth title could have been a new Splinter Cell, it appears we’ll see Far Cry 6, instead.

While Far Cry 5 wasn’t loved by all, it still became the best-selling Ubisoft game on the current generation of consoles. There was also Far Cry: New Dawn, a stand-alone title set some years after its predecessor that wasn’t as well received. Both games took place in the fictional Hope County, Montana, but the next installment will reportedly return to a non-US location.

Back in October, Ubisoft announced that Watch Dogs: Legion, Gods & Monsters, and Rainbow Six: Quarantine were all being delayed from their “early 2020” release dates. Expect to see more of those games, Valhalla, and Far Cry 6 on July 12.

Permalink to story.

I wonder what skin it will have this year.

Also hopefully the improve the guns, I thought FC4 guns were better than FC5 guns.

Far Cry, did not make sense but was a great lil FPS for its day and the water looked amazing compared to other games.
Probably took me until the wet clothes of Drake in Uncharted to make me go, 'ooh water' again.

Far Cry 2 as far as I knew got a bit of a panning, awkward or long winded.

Far Cry 3 managed to get my attention.

But after that I lost interest, cause Ubisoft suck, and all the games listed above, I could do without.

Far Cry 5 is a great game, but New Dawn was a huge disappointment in every aspect.

If Far Cry 6 continues the trend of pay-to-win microtransactions in the single player campaign (that have been introduced in New Dawn), I won't ever bother with it.

I wonder what skin it will have this year.

Also hopefully the improve the guns, I thought FC4 guns were better than FC5 guns.

Far Cry 4 is a reskin of Far Cry 3, so much that I never beat it because I quickly lost interest after a couple of hours, since it really felt like I was just playing a Far Cry 3 mod.

But Far Cry 5 is far from a reskin, it brought lots of changes and improvements. I find it odd that you prefer FC4 guns to FC5, since guns and gunplay were one of my favorite changes in FC5. Especially because of the introduction of bullet drop physics simulation for all guns (even pistols and revolvers).

Far Cry 2 is still my favorite. Great African background, VERY realistic gun effects (coming from a 20-year Army vet), and I enjoyed the story line. Never did understand the grief in the reviews. Guess it wasn't "run and gun" enough for people.

Couldn't finish FCND cause of stupid level design where higher lvl enemies need 600 bullets to the head to die. Awful, I say.

I expect the same formula cause it's always the same with Ubisoft games. There's no need for a remaster when every game is the same. FC3 was the one I liked.

"a more familiar, exotic setting." How does that work? Familiar / Exotic
Yeah, IDK if its in the US or not, what I want to see is something new. A location we havent seen before, with new interesting characters and maybe some different gameplay FFS.

FC5 was interesting because we dont get many games like this set in the US. The gameplay was dull but the setting was a neat change of pace. Perhaps FC needs more rebellious settings, like colonial era revolutions, where the two side fight makes more sense.
Hey: UBI, here's some free advice, feel free to use this idea: how about a far cry set in the burmese/shan civil war? There's a setting rarely talked and almost NEVER seen in games, it would be something new.

Far Cry 4 is a reskin of Far Cry 3, so much that I never beat it because I quickly lost interest after a couple of hours, since it really felt like I was just playing a Far Cry 3 mod.

But Far Cry 5 is far from a reskin, it brought lots of changes and improvements. I find it odd that you prefer FC4 guns to FC5, since guns and gunplay were one of my favorite changes in FC5. Especially because of the introduction of bullet drop physics simulation for all guns (even pistols and revolvers).
Yeah I know Far Cry 5 is more than just the reskin Far Cry 4 was. But to me it doesn’t play that differently. And I do prefer the guns in Far Cry 4, this is a taste thing I think but the satisfaction I got from using the guns on Far Cry 4 was better and it had a more diverse range of weapons, for example you had the elephant gun!

Also whilst 4 may have been just a reskin, Nepal is the most stunning backdrop Far Cry has ever had in my opinion and the religious imagery and artwork from the region looks amazing. Far Cry 5’s world is a bit Too Tiger King for me, it was good to have a change but would have preferred somewhere else!

But hey, 5 was a lot better than New Dawn imo.

Last edited:
Far Cry 2 is still my favorite. Great African background, VERY realistic gun effects (coming from a 20-year Army vet), and I enjoyed the story line. Never did understand the grief in the reviews. Guess it wasn't "run and gun" enough for people.

I think a lot of people disliked the malaria mechanic.

Far Cry 1 remake, here we come...

In the era of remakes I wouldn't be surprised. I remember playing the crap out of the demo on a potato PC. FileShack will always remain in my memories.

Far Cry 1 remake, here we come...

I'd rather see a remastered port of Far Cry Instincts Predator.

I consider Far Cry Instincts + Instincts Evolution the most underrated games in the series, and much better than PC Far Cry 1. What really hurt them is that they were never released in a platform where they could be played with KB+M.

Yeah I know Far Cry 5 is more than just the reskin Far Cry 4 was. But to me it doesn’t play that differently. And I do prefer the guns in Far Cry 4, this is a taste thing I think but the satisfaction I got from using the guns on Far Cry 4 was better and it had a more diverse range of weapons, for example you had the elephant gun!

Also whilst 4 may have been just a reskin, Nepal is the most stunning backdrop Far Cry has ever had in my opinion and the religious imagery and artwork from the region looks amazing. Far Cry 5’s world is a bit Too Tiger King for me, it was good to have a change but would have preferred somewhere else!

But hey, 5 was a lot better than New Dawn imo.

Despite not having liked FC4 for the reasons I explained, I agree that the Nepal setting is very interesting and beautiful. I'd say FC4 would have been a great game if it ran on the FC5 engine.

New Dawn is terrible. Pay-to-win microtransactions in single player campaigns will never be okay.

I don't care about new Ubisoft games for years now, at least in these big franchises. Copy - paste garbage with zero inspiration.

That being said, if they *actually* make something original and interesting maybe I will buy it.

Back