Download the latest Far Cary 3 patch.
Beyond the limits of civilization lies an island, a lawless place ruled by piracy and human misery, where your only escapes are drugs or the muzzle of a gun. This is where you find yourself, trapped in a place that has lost the ability to discern right from wrong. A dark place that lives by the principles of violence. Discover the island’s bloody secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to survive; beware the beauty and mystery of this unexplored paradise, and live to outwit its roster of ruthless, desperate characters. You’ll need more than luck to survive.
A Unique and Fully-Realized World
Far Cry 3 immerses you in a rich and stunningly well-realized tropical island world full of intriguing characters to meet, locations to explore, wildlife to hunt, and explosive fights to survive.
A Narrative Driven Experience
Alone on a tropical island, you will confront the dark side of humanity. Madmen Vaas and Hoyt battle for control using any means necessary to keep the island under their thumb.
Modern-Day Setting & Context
Far Cry 3 exists in a world of conceivable reality. Realistic weapons and vehicles immerse you in a world and plot filled with events that could be ripped straight from the headlines.
An Environment Rich with Opportunities
The environment of Far Cry 3’s island is a tool to be used for survival. Use your surroundings to improvise attacks or deceive the enemy and pounce from the jungle shadows when you’re least expected.
- General fixes for the patch
- Fixed several issues with customize controls
- Improve stability on multiplayer maps.
- Fixed the crash when the player was planting explosives.
- Fixed several crashes.
- Fixed bug where user was unable to jump on certain surfaces.
- Fixed bug where players could become invisible.
- Fixed bug with 3D weapon images in Decoding menu.
- Fixed bug where weapons could disappear after completing objectives in Co-op.
- Fixed bug where users could get stuck in Loadout screen in Co-op.
- Removed “Reloading” shout after user shoots the bow.
- Parties will no longer be allowed to numerically unbalance games.
- Improved and fixed several issues with host migration.
- Connection degradation will now properly trigger a host migration.
- Fixed several bugs with Loadout menu.
- Fixed bug that could display a profile restriction message when trying to join a lobby.
- Fixed bug where users could get stuck in 3rd person in Custom games.
- Fixed bug with Flamethrower not doing any damage in certain circumstances.
- Fixed bug where “Player is on the way” tag could stick to downed players.
- Fixed bug where clients could remain on black screen if host left the game.
- Fixed bug where Fire Arrows did not do fire damage.
- Fixed bug where Long Distance Kill was not awarded.
- Fixed bug where Tag Assist was not awarded.
- Fixed bug where Killcam wasn’t shown in certain circumstances.
- Fixed bug where Survival Instinct was not cancelled properly.
- Fixed bug where Psych gas could get dropped in the wrong place.
- Fixed bug where Psych gas could affect players outside of the deployment area.
- Fixed bug where users could get stuck when killed by Poison gas.
- Fixed bug where other player’s footstep sounds sometimes did not play behind you.
- Fixed bug where sound could get muffled when being revived.
- Fixed bug where user could get de-synced if killed in mid-air
- Map Editor
- Added information for Player Map playlists.
- Improved available space for Player map names in lobby.
- Fixed bug where User made maps wasn’t downloaded properly in lobby.
- Fixed bug that made the user stuck when igniting Firestom nodes on certain maps.
- Single PlayerGeneral
- Fixed the accessing bug for the camera and the throwing rocks.
- Users that have miss the Relic located in Dr. Earnhardt cave will have the relic recover.
- Fixed the bug with the weapon models staying on screen / stuck on the charatcer arm.
- The leaderboard is now updating correctly even after if the user is disconnecting/reconnecting the ethernet cable.
- The objective is now properly updated after Jason burns the weed fields.
- New options the hide the HUD are now available in the option menu.
- Add support for downloadable content.
- Fixed the issue when the user was becoming invincible after failing mission ‘Black Gold’ several times.
- The Phonecall from Hurk (ULC missions) is no longer overlapping the brief of the ‘Piece of the past’ mission.
- Fixed the issue when Sam was no longer in the jeep’s turret after placing two bomb and being kill several time in ‘Black Gold’ mission.
- Sam is no longer getting stuck when the user destroy an enemy car.