As featured in:
Visual Studio Code is a streamlined code editor with support for development operations like debugging, task running, and version control. It aims to provide just the tools a developer needs for a quick code-build-debug cycle and leaves more complex workflows to fuller featured IDEs, such as Visual Studio IDE.
VS Code is free for private or commercial use, it's built on open source and runs everywhere.
Go beyond syntax highlighting and autocomplete with IntelliSense, which provides smart completions based on variable types, function definitions, and imported modules.
Print statement debugging is a thing of the past.
Debug code right from the editor. Launch or attach to your running apps and debug with break points, call stacks, and an interactive console.
Git commands built-in.
Working with Git and other SCM providers has never been easier. Review diffs, stage files, and make commits right from the editor. Push and pull from any hosted SCM service.
Extensible and customizable.
Want even more features? Install extensions to add new languages, themes, debuggers, and to connect to additional services. Extensions run in separate processes, ensuring they won't slow down your editor.
- The update addresses this issue.
Welcome to the February 2021 release of Visual Studio Code. There are a number of updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Apple Silicon builds - VS Code is now available in stable for Apple Silicon.
- Accessibility improvements - Better word navigation on Windows and roles for views and buttons.
- Persistent terminal processes - Local terminal processes are restored on window reload.
- Product Icon Themes - Personalize your VS Code icon imagery with Product Icon Themes.
- Timeline view improvements - Compare changes across Git history timeline entries.
- Auto reload Notebooks - Notebooks automatically reload when their file changes on disk.
- Remote ports table view - Remote ports now shown in a table widget.
Brackets extensions - Use Brackets keyboard shortcuts in VS Code.
Troubleshooting extensions blog post - Learn to troubleshoot extensions using extension bisect.
Software similar to Visual Studio Code 12
Developer tools and services for any platform with any language. IDE, DevOps, code editor & more.
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
MonoDevelop enables developers to quickly write desktop and web applications on Linux, Windows and macOS.
More similar downloads