Go beyond syntax highlighting and autocomplete with IntelliSense, which provides smart completions based on variable types, function definitions, and imported modules.
Print statement debugging is a thing of the past.
Debug code right from the editor. Launch or attach to your running apps and debug with break points, call stacks, and an interactive console.
Git commands built-in.
Working with Git and other SCM providers has never been easier. Review diffs, stage files, and make commits right from the editor. Push and pull from any hosted SCM service.
Extensible and customizable.
Want even more features? Install extensions to add new languages, themes, debuggers, and to connect to additional services. Extensions run in separate processes, ensuring they won't slow down your editor.
- Multiline search improvements - Easily create multiline search patterns without using regex.
- Custom title bar on Linux - The custom title and menu bar is now the default on Linux.
- References view - Find All References view includes history of recent searches.
- Snippet comment variables - Snippet variables insert correct comment per language.
- JS/TS callback display - Now you can see the context of anonymous callbacks.
- JSDoc Markdown highlighting - Including syntax highlighting for Markdown code blocks in JSDoc.
- Simplified debug configuration - Better defaults and Quick Pick UI for initial launch configuration.
- Run tasks on folder open - Configure tasks to run when you first open a project folder.
- Choose extension version - Install earlier versions of Marketplace extensions.