As featured in:
Go beyond syntax highlighting and autocomplete with IntelliSense, which provides smart completions based on variable types, function definitions, and imported modules.
Print statement debugging is a thing of the past.
Debug code right from the editor. Launch or attach to your running apps and debug with break points, call stacks, and an interactive console.
Git commands built-in.
Working with Git and other SCM providers has never been easier. Review diffs, stage files, and make commits right from the editor. Push and pull from any hosted SCM service.
Extensible and customizable.
Want even more features? Install extensions to add new languages, themes, debuggers, and to connect to additional services. Extensions run in separate processes, ensuring they won't slow down your editor.
- Preserve case for global search and replace - Keep letter casing across multi-file search/replace.
- Settings editor string array validation - Checks min, max, enum values, and glob patterns.
- Adjust cursor surrounding lines - Keep your cursor centered in the editor.
- Copy and revert in the diff editor - Easily copy or restore deleted content.
- Go to Line supports negative line numbers - Quickly jump to the end of a file.
- MDN Reference link for HTML and CSS - Links to MDN documentation directly from IntelliSense.
- Add missing await Quick Fix - Find overlooked awaits in asynchronous code.
- Debugging data breakpoints - Debugger breaks when tracked values change.
- VS Code icon repository - Official product icons available for extension authors.
- Alpine Linux distro support - Both for the Remote WSL and Containers extensions.
Recent Visual Studio Code news
Apps similar to Visual Studio Code 7
Developer tools and services for any platform with any language. IDE, DevOps, code editor & more.
An IDE letting you code like Mozart rather than coding nursery rhymes.
- Free to Try
MonoDevelop enables developers to quickly write desktop and web applications on Linux, Windows and macOS.