As featured in:
Visual Studio Code is a streamlined code editor with support for development operations like debugging, task running, and version control. It aims to provide just the tools a developer needs for a quick code-build-debug cycle and leaves more complex workflows to fuller featured IDEs, such as Visual Studio IDE.
VS Code is free for private or commercial use, it's built on open source and runs everywhere.
Go beyond syntax highlighting and autocomplete with IntelliSense, which provides smart completions based on variable types, function definitions, and imported modules.
Print statement debugging is a thing of the past.
Debug code right from the editor. Launch or attach to your running apps and debug with break points, call stacks, and an interactive console.
Git commands built-in.
Working with Git and other SCM providers has never been easier. Review diffs, stage files, and make commits right from the editor. Push and pull from any hosted SCM service.
Extensible and customizable.
Want even more features? Install extensions to add new languages, themes, debuggers, and to connect to additional services. Extensions run in separate processes, ensuring they won't slow down your editor.
- Don't use guessable nonces in webview
- Improves Git security with untrusted workspaces
Welcome to the June 2021 release of Visual Studio Code. There are a number of updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Terminals in the editor - Create or move terminals into the editor area.
- Workspace Trust - Quickly customize Workspace Trust settings, disable Restricted Mode banner.
- Editor scroll bar customization - Set bar visibility and width, click navigation behavior.
- Markdown preview KaTeX support - Math support in the Markdown preview.
- Settings editor improvements - Support for multiple checkboxes and enumeration dropdowns.
- Sticky debug environment choice - Debugger remembers your previous environment choice.
- Jupyter Interactive window - Run Jupyter code directly in an interactive window.
- Jupyter notebook debugging - Debug Jupyter notebook code from within VS Code.
- 'Open in VS Code' badge - Lets visitors quickly open your GitHub repo in VS Code.
- Data Science tutorials - Learn about Jupyter Notebooks, PyTorch, and more.
Software similar to Visual Studio Code 12
Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You'll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance.
- Free to Try
Developer tools and services for any platform with any language. IDE, DevOps, code editor & more.
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
More similar downloads