World-class code editing, debugging, performance tooling, a flexible build system, and an instant build/deploy system all allow you to focus on building unique and high quality apps.
Push code and resource changes to your app running on a device or emulator and see the changes instantly come to life. Instant Run dramatically speeds up your edit, build, and run cycles, keeping you "in the flow."
Intelligent code editor
Write better code, work faster, and be more productive with an intelligent code editor that helps you each step of the way. Android Studio is built on IntelliJ and is capable of advanced code completion, refactoring, and code analysis.
Fast and feature-rich emulator
Install and run your apps faster than with a physical device and test your app on virtually any Android device configuration: Android phones, Android tablets, Android Wear, and Android TV devices. The new Android Emulator 2.0 is faster than ever and allows you to dynamically resize the emulator and access a suite of sensor controls.
Robust and flexible build system
Easily configure your project to include code libraries and generate multiple build variants from a single project. With Gradle, Android Studio offers high-performance build automation, robust dependency management, and customizable build configurations.
- Issue #122464849: DataBinding - Layout "class" attribute in "data" tag throws error
- Issue #122936785: Databinding does not work with com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.4.0-beta01
- Issue #122066788: NullpointerException in android.databinding.ViewDataBinding
- Issue #129362492: Studio 3.4 RC2 appears to ignore Java compatibility level for non-debug build variants, will not deploy app
- Issue #129730297: Java 8 methods of java.lang.Long and java.lang.Character are not desugared by D8
- Issue #129901036: NPE on workaroundExceptionTargetingLoopHeaderBug
- Issue #128579793: Cannot resolve symbol problem in XML in AS 3.4 RC 1
- Issue #129145240: Unable to use Proguard from DSL
- Layout Editor
- Issue #123222832: CardView render fail in Android Studio 3.3
- Issue #128987064: calling class mis-attributed leading to illegal invoke-super
- Issue #127932803: Extra rules needs to be added for keeping library dependency (slf4j) when using R8
- Issue #130135768: The "keeppackagenames" rule does not work.
- Issue #129410384: VerifyError: register has type Reference Object but expected Reference Parcelable
- Issue #129935705: Make warnings for -optimizationpasses and -optimizations info
Previous release notes:
New Resource Manager
Resource Manager is a new tool window for importing, creating, managing, and using resources in your app. You can open the tool window by selecting View > Tool Windows > Resource Manager from the menu bar. The Resource Manager allows you to do the following:
- Visualize resources: You can preview drawables, colors, and layouts to quickly find the resources you need.
- Bulk import: You can import multiple drawable assets at once by either dragging and dropping them into the Resource Manager tool window or by using the Import drawables wizard. To access the wizard, select the (+) button at the top-left corner of the tool window, and then select Import Drawables from the drop down menu.
- Convert SVGs into VectorDrawable objects: You can use the Import Drawables wizard to convert your SVG images into VectorDrawable objects.
- Drag and drop assets: From the Resource Manager tool window, you can drag and drop drawables onto both the design and XML views of the Layout Editor.
- View alternative versions: You can now view alternative versions of your resources by double-clicking a resource within the Tool window. This view shows the different versions you have created and the qualifiers that were included.
- Tile and list views: You can change the view within the tool window to visualize your resources in different arrangements.
- Android Studio 3.2.1 for Windows 64-bit
- Android Studio 3.2.1 for Windows 32-bit
- Android Studio 3.2.1 for macOS
- Android Studio 3.2.1 for Linux
- Android Studio 3.1.4 for Windows 64-bit
- Android Studio 3.1.4 for Windows 32-bit
- Android Studio 3.1.4 for macOS
- Android Studio 3.1.4 for Linux
- Android Studio 3.1.2 for Windows 64-bit
- Android Studio 3.1.2 for Windows 32-bit
- Android Studio 3.1.2 for macOS
- Android Studio 3.1.2 for Linux
- Android Studio 3.0.1 for Windows 64-bit
- Android Studio 3.0.1 for Windows 32-bit
- Android Studio 3.0.1 for macOS
- Android Studio 3.0.1 for Linux
- Android Studio 184.108.40.206 for Windows
- Android Studio 220.127.116.11 for macOS
- Android Studio 18.104.22.168 for Linux