As featured in:
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
- Stop Those Annoying Browser Prompts Asking for Your Location or to Send Notifications
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 88 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. This will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
Chrome 88.0.4324.150 contains a number of fixes and improvements -- a list of changes is available in the log. Watch out for upcoming Chrome and Chromium blog posts about new features and big efforts delivered in 88
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 36 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$30000] Critical CVE-2021-21117: Insufficient policy enforcement in Cryptohome. Reported by Rory McNamara on 2020-10-10
- [$16000] High CVE-2021-21118: Insufficient data validation in V8. Reported by Tyler Nighswander (@tylerni7) of Theori on 2020-12-23
- [$5000] High CVE-2021-21119: Use after free in Media. Reported by Anonymous on 2020-12-20
- [$5000] High CVE-2021-21120: Use after free in WebSQL. Reported by Nan Wang(@eternalsakura13) and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab on 2020-12-21
- [$5000] High CVE-2021-21121: Use after free in Omnibox. Reported by Leecraso and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab on 2020-12-22
- [$5000] High CVE-2021-21122: Use after free in Blink. Reported by Renata Hodovan on 2020-12-28
- [$1000] High CVE-2021-21123: Insufficient data validation in File System API. Reported by Maciej Pulikowski on 2020-10-11
- [$N/A] High CVE-2021-21124: Potential user after free in Speech Recognizer. Reported by Chaoyang Ding(@V4kst1z) from Codesafe Team of Legendsec at Qi'anxin Group on 2020-09-23
- [$N/A] High CVE-2021-21125: Insufficient policy enforcement in File System API. Reported by Ron Masas (Imperva) on 2020-11-24
- [$N/A] High CVE-2020-16044: Use after free in WebRTC. Reported by Ned Williamson of Project Zero on 2021-01-05
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2021-21126: Insufficient policy enforcement in extensions. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-07-22
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2021-21127: Insufficient policy enforcement in extensions. Reported by Jasminder Pal Singh, Web Services Point WSP, Kotkapura on 2020-08-12
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2021-21128: Heap buffer overflow in Blink. Reported by Liang Dong on 2020-10-15
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2021-21129: Insufficient policy enforcement in File System API. Reported by Maciej Pulikowski on 2020-10-20
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2021-21130: Insufficient policy enforcement in File System API. Reported by Maciej Pulikowski on 2020-10-20
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2021-21131: Insufficient policy enforcement in File System API. Reported by Maciej Pulikowski on 2020-10-20
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-21132: Inappropriate implementation in DevTools. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-09-15
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-21133: Insufficient policy enforcement in Downloads. Reported by wester0x01(https://twitter.com/wester0x01) on 2020-12-11
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-21134: Incorrect security UI in Page Info. Reported by wester0x01(https://twitter.com/wester0x01) on 2020-12-11
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-21135: Inappropriate implementation in Performance API. Reported by ndevtk on 2020-12-11
- [$2000] Low CVE-2021-21136: Insufficient policy enforcement in WebView. Reported by Shiv Sahni, Movnavinothan V and Imdad Mohammed on 2019-12-27
- [$500] Low CVE-2021-21137: Inappropriate implementation in DevTools. Reported by bobblybear on 2020-06-11
- [$500] Low CVE-2021-21138: Use after free in DevTools. Reported by Weipeng Jiang (@Krace) from Codesafe Team of Legendsec at Qi'anxin Group on 2020-08-27
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2021-21139: Inappropriate implementation in iframe sandbox. Reported by Jun Kokatsu, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2019-03-01
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2021-21140: Uninitialized Use in USB. Reported by David Manouchehri on 2020-10-08
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2021-21141: Insufficient policy enforcement in File System API. Reported by Maciej Pulikowski on 2020-10-20
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Interested in switching release channels? Find out how here. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. The community help forum is also a great place to reach out for help or learn about common issues.
Recent Google Chrome Portable news
Software similar to Google Chrome Portable 4
Connect to the world on the browser built by Google
Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis. Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy.
Fast and versatile Internet Browser based on Chromium, infused with Comodo's unparalleled level of security.
More similar downloads