As featured in:
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 52 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$TBD] Critical CVE-2019-5870: Use-after-free in media. Reported by Guang Gong of Alpha Team, Qihoo 360 on 2019-08-29
- [$7500] High CVE-2019-5871: Heap overflow in Skia. Reported by Anonymous on 2019-08-03
- [$3000] High CVE-2019-5872: Use-after-free in Mojo. Reported by Zhe Jin（金哲），Luyao Liu(刘路遥) from Chengdu Security Response
- Center of Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd on 2019-07-05
- [$3000] High CVE-2019-5873: URL bar spoofing on iOS. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2019-07-31
- [$3000] High CVE-2019-5874: External URIs may trigger other browsers. Reported by James Lee (@Windowsrcer) on 2019-08-01
- [$2000] High CVE-2019-5875: URL bar spoof via download redirect. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2019-06-28
- [$TBD] High CVE-2019-5876: Use-after-free in media. Reported by Man Yue Mo of Semmle Security Research Team on 2019-08-23
- [$TBD] High CVE-2019-5877: Out-of-bounds access in V8. Reported by Guang Gong of Alpha Team, Qihoo 360 on 2019-08-29
- [$TBD] High CVE-2019-5878: Use-after-free in V8. Reported by Guang Gong of Alpha Team, Qihoo 360 on 2019-09-03
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2019-5879: Extension can bypass same origin policy. Reported by Jinseo Kim on 2019-07-20
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2019-5880: SameSite cookie bypass. Reported by Jun Kokatsu (@shhnjk) on 2018-04-11
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2019-5881: Arbitrary read in SwiftShader. Reported by Zhe Jin（金哲），Luyao Liu(刘路遥) from Chengdu Security Response
- Center of Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd on 2019-07-03
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2019-13659: URL spoof. Reported by Lnyas Zhang on 2018-07-30
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2019-13660: Full screen notification overlap. Reported by Wenxu Wu (@ma7h1as) of Tencent Security Xuanwu Lab on 2018-09-10
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2019-13661: Full screen notification spoof. Reported by Wenxu Wu (@ma7h1as) of Tencent Security Xuanwu Lab on 2018-09-11
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2019-13662: CSP bypass. Reported by David Erceg on 2019-05-28
- [$500] Medium CVE-2019-13663: IDN spoof. Reported by Lnyas Zhang on 2018-07-14
- [$500] Medium CVE-2019-13664: CSRF bypass. Reported by thomas "zemnmez" shadwell on 2018-12-16
- [$500] Medium CVE-2019-13665: Multiple file download protection bypass. Reported by Jun Kokatsu, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2019-05-05
- [$500] Medium CVE-2019-13666: Side channel using storage size estimate. Reported by Tom Van Goethem from imec-DistriNet, KU Leuven on 2019-05-07
- [$500] Medium CVE-2019-13667: URI bar spoof when using external app URIs. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2019-06-11
- [$500] Medium CVE-2019-13668: Global window leak via console. Reported by David Erceg on 2019-07-22
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2019-13669: HTTP authentication spoof. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2019-05-30
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2019-13670: V8 memory corruption in regex. Reported by Guang Gong of Alpha Team, Qihoo 360 on 2019-07-03
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2019-13671: Dialog box fails to show origin. Reported by xisigr of Tencent's Xuanwu Lab on 2017-02-27
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2019-13673: Cross-origin information leak using devtools. Reported by David Erceg on 2019-08-26
- [$500] Low CVE-2019-13674: IDN spoofing. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2018-10-18
- [$500] Low CVE-2019-13675: Extensions can be disabled by trailing slash. Reported by Jun Kokatsu, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2019-02-07
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2019-13676: Google URI shown for certificate warning. Reported by Wenxu Wu (@ma7h1as) of Tencent Security Xuanwu Lab on 2018-08-17
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2019-13677: Chrome web store origin needs to be isolated. Reported by Jun Kokatsu, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2019-03-06
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2019-13678: Download dialog spoofing. Reported by Ronni Skansing on 2019-03-27
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2019-13679: User gesture needed for printing. Reported by Conrad Irwin, Superhuman on 2019-05-31
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2019-13680: IP address spoofing to servers. Reported by Thijs Alkemade from Computest on 2019-06-03
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2019-13681: Bypass on download restrictions. Reported by David Erceg on 2019-06-04
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2019-13682: Site isolation bypass. Reported by Jun Kokatsu, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2019-06-07
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2019-13683: Exceptions leaked by devtools. Reported by David Erceg on 2019-07-25
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Recent Google Chrome Portable news
Software similar to Google Chrome Portable 4
Chrome combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.
Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis. Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy.
Fast and versatile Internet Browser based on Chromium, infused with Comodo's unparalleled level of security.