As featured in:
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
- Stop Those Annoying Browser Prompts Asking for Your Location or to Send Notifications
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 84 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. This will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
Chrome 84.0.4147.89 contains a number of fixes and improvements -- a list of changes is available in the log. Watch out for upcoming Chrome and Chromiumblog posts about new features and big efforts delivered in 84
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 38 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$TBD] Critical CVE-2020-6510: Heap buffer overflow in background fetch. Reported by Leecraso and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab working with 360 BugCloud on 2020-07-08
- [$5000] High CVE-2020-6511: Side-channel information leakage in content security policy. Reported by Mikhail Oblozhikhin on 2020-04-24
- [$5000] High CVE-2020-6512: Type Confusion in V8. Reported by nocma, leogan, cheneyxu of WeChat Open Platform Security Team on 2020-05-20
- [$2000] High CVE-2020-6513: Heap buffer overflow in PDFium. Reported by Aleksandar Nikolic of Cisco Talos on 2020-06-04
- [$TBD] High CVE-2020-6514: Inappropriate implementation in WebRTC. Reported by Natalie Silvanovich of Google Project Zero on 2020-04-30
- [$TBD] High CVE-2020-6515: Use after free in tab strip. Reported by DDV_UA on 2020-05-14
- [$TBD] High CVE-2020-6516: Policy bypass in CORS. Reported by Yongke Wang of Tencent's Xuanwu Lab (xlab.tencent.com) on 2020-06-08
- [$TBD] High CVE-2020-6517: Heap buffer overflow in history. Reported by ZeKai Wu (@hellowuzekai) of Tencent Security Xuanwu Lab on 2020-06-16
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2020-6518: Use after free in developer tools. Reported by David Erceg on 2019-07-20
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2020-6519: Policy bypass in CSP. Reported by Gal Weizman (@WeizmanGal) of PerimeterX on 2020-03-25
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2020-6520: Heap buffer overflow in Skia. Reported by Zhen Zhou of NSFOCUS Security Team on 2020-06-08
- [$500] Medium CVE-2020-6521: Side-channel information leakage in autofill. Reported by Xu Lin (University of Illinois at Chicago), Panagiotis Ilia (University of Illinois at Chicago), Jason Polakis (University of Illinois at Chicago) on 2020-04-27
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2020-6522: Inappropriate implementation in external protocol handlers. Reported by Eric Lawrence of Microsoft on 2020-02-13
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2020-6523: Out of bounds write in Skia. Reported by Liu Wei and Wu Zekai of Tencent Security Xuanwu Lab on 2020-05-08
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2020-6524: Heap buffer overflow in WebAudio. Reported by Sung Ta (@Mipu94) of SEFCOM Lab, Arizona State University on 2020-05-12
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2020-6525: Heap buffer overflow in Skia. Reported by Zhen Zhou of NSFOCUS Security Team on 2020-06-05
- [$1000] Low CVE-2020-6526: Inappropriate implementation in iframe sandbox. Reported by Jonathan Kingston on 2020-04-24
- [$500] Low CVE-2020-6527: Insufficient policy enforcement in CSP. Reported by Zhong Zhaochen of andsecurity.cn on 2019-08-10
- [$500] Low CVE-2020-6528: Incorrect security UI in basic auth. Reported by Rayyan Bijoora on 2020-03-22
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2020-6529: Inappropriate implementation in WebRTC. Reported by kaustubhvats7 on 2019-06-26
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2020-6530: Out of bounds memory access in developer tools. Reported by myvyang on 2019-10-21
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2020-6531: Side-channel information leakage in scroll to text. Reported by Jun Kokatsu, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2020-01-17
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2020-6533: Type Confusion in V8. Reported by Avihay Cohen @ SeraphicAlgorithms on 2020-04-11
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2020-6534: Heap buffer overflow in WebRTC. Reported by Anonymous on 2020-04-20
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2020-6535: Insufficient data validation in WebUI. Reported by Jun Kokatsu, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2020-04-22
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2020-6536: Incorrect security UI in PWAs. Reported by Zhiyang Zeng of Tencent security platform department on 2020-05-09
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Recent Google Chrome Portable news
Software similar to Google Chrome Portable 4
Chrome combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.
Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis. Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy.
Fast and versatile Internet Browser based on Chromium, infused with Comodo's unparalleled level of security.