PowerArchiver 2013 14.01.06
PowerArchiver offers hundreds of features, yet remains easy to use, small and fast.
PowerArchiver has been downloaded by tens of millions of users worldwide. PowerArchiver offers hundreds of features, yet remains easy to use, small and fast. Novice users will find a familiar interface complete with tutorial and detailed help, while more experienced users can take advantage of full Explorer integration, multiple encryption methods and advanced compression algorithms.
New, Modern User Interface
Modern User Interface A completely revamped user interface in PowerArchiver makes it easier to access the wealth of features that PowerArchiver has. This task-based interface utilizes the same "Ribbon" design found in Microsoft Office 2007, and ensures you qick access to the most used features while not hidding others under layers of menus.
For those that desire the older look, PowerArchiver's Classic interface is still available.
Superior ZIP Support
ZIP Support PowerArchiver offers superior ZIP format support compared to other archivers. Here are the highlights:
- Support for unlimited file size and unlimited number of files in ZIP archives
- Support for advanced Deflate64 method providing higher compression ratios
- ZIP AES support (both PkZip 5.1 and WZ 9.0 standards supported)
- Fast and strong compression and decompression
- Multiple disk spanning, with support for unlimited span sizes
7-Zip is an advanced compression format featured in PowerArchiver. It is an open source format, providing an open architecture and high compression ratio. 7-Zip outperforms ZIP, ACE and even RAR in many tests. However, 7-Zip's greatest strength is that it is not controlled by any organization or individual, but by an open source LGPL project to which anyone can contribute. More information on 7-Zip and its superior compression can be found at 7-Zip.org.
PowerArchiver introduces a new Transparent Update feature for 7-Zip archives, which allows you to quickly add or remove files even if the archive is "Solid."
Multiple Formats Support Including ISO
PowerArchiver has native support for most popular compressed and encoded formats currently in use. All formats are fully integrated into PowerArchiver, so you can utilize all PowerArchiver tools with each of them.
- Read and write support for ZIP, 7-ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, BH, XXE, UUE, yENC, and MIME (Base 64)
- Read and extract support for: RAR, ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO plus ISO, BIN, IMG and NRG disc image formats
- Brand new Plug-in System enables new formats and file types to be supported with a small download.
New Queue System (Add/Extract/Backup) and PowerArchiver Starter
An innovative Queue System has been added to PowerArchiver. This is the first time such an option is available in compression utility, and it enables you to better organize your compression, extraction and backups, as well as schedule multiple jobs to be done sequentially without slowing down your system - as multiple compressions would do if run all at once. Another first for PowerArchiver.
PowerArchiver Starter is a brand new system tray application for managing your Queue and launching the most recently used archives and backups. PowerArchiver Starter has been written in an assembler-like language for minimum size and memory usage.
EncryptPowerArchiver comes with an unprecedented level of security features. Not only does it fully support the new ZIP AES standard, PowerArchiver also offers its proprietary PAE standard for additional security with five different encryption methods. For ease of use, the PowerArchiver Password Manager will save your frequently used passwords so you do not need to remember them.
Full support for ZIP AES encryption, 128-bit/192-bit/256-bit (supports: PKZip 5.1 (full), Secure Zip 8.0 and WinZip 9.0 AE-1 & AE-2)
AE support - Encryption of files and archives using 5 different methods: Blowfish (128-bit), DES (64-bit), Triple DES (128-bit), AES 128-bit, and AES 256-bit
Backup Security vulnerabilities have become a major problem in Windows, which means it is critical to backup and protect your important data. With PowerArchiver's built-in Backup Wizard, it is a breeze to backup your files.
By using a step-by-step wizard, you will be able to add files and folders, filter them based on your specifications, use 5 different compressions formats, add password protection, and even upload your backup to an FTP or SFTP (SSH) server directly!
To keep your backups secure from prying eyes, you can also encrypt the archives using ZIP AES encryption.
Guaranteed Compatibility and Explorer Integration
Explorer Integration PowerArchiver has pioneered advanced Shell Extensions that let you compress, extract and encrypt files using one click from within Windows Explorer -- without opening PowerArchiver.
Not only that, but PowerArchiver also offers an option to use an Explorer-like interface for browsing your hard drive for archives, which also supports shell integration.
PowerArchiver adds new Hybrid Shell Extensions, which puts less frequently used options in an easy to access submenu.
For ease of use, PowerArchiver has Compression Profiles that store frequently used compression settings. You can select a compression profile when performing operations in PowerArchiver and save considerable time.
Multi-Extract PowerArchiver has the most advanced set of tools that you can use to manage your archives:
- Convert Tool - convert files among formats supported in PowerArchiver. It can convert thousands of files and folders at the same time.
- Encode Tool - encode/decode files in UU, XX, MIME and yENC formats.
- Repair Tool - repair broken ZIP archives with one simple operation.
- Write/Merge Multivolume Tools - split ZIP files into multivolumes, and also merge multivolumes into a single ZIP archive.
- Batch ZIP Tool - batch compress thousands of files into separate archives.
- Multi-Extract Tool - extract thousands of archives at the same time.
- Added IMG support – added support for IMG files to PA, shell, burner, virtual drive.
- Improved Office/Modern interface – Improvements to the look/feel of (optional) Office/Modern ribbon interface.
- Improved ISO, RAR, 7z, TAR, BZ2 support – Various improvements for many of our compression engines.
- Improved ZIP AES – Better compatibility with older versions of PowerArchiver as well as files larger than 4 GB. Updated FIPS 140-2 mode.
- Added more Enterprise options – Administrators can disable shell access inside PowerArchiver.
- Improvements in UAC support – Better support for automatic UAC elevation in various occasions, other various improvements.
- Added Danish translation – Added Danish and improved other translations.
- Updated FTP engine – Updated FTP engine, Faster SFTP operation other improvements.
- Updated Burner engine – Updated Burner engine adding support for more devices.
- Reduced installer by 1 MB – Reduced installer size by 1 MB via our own compression optimizations.
- Other improvements, tweaks, fixes – Over 50 improvements implemented.
- For the future updates, look at PAOP 64bit coming very soon. Work on our next generation format – PAF is progressing excellently. We have finished most of the work for successful delfate recompression codec (PDF, PNG, DOCX, OODT), with excellent results. You can vote on our next task by clicking here.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.