Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Free program that protects your computer against pop-ups, slow performance and security threats.
Windows Defender is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software. It features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected and minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive. Now with 2 free support incidents for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
Windows Defender features
• New option to display Windows Defender system tray icon even when there are no pending actions needed.
• Enhanced performance through a new scanning engine.
• Streamlined, simplified user interface and alerts.
• Improved control over programs on your computer with enhanced Software Explorer.
• Multiple language support with globalization and localization features.
• Protection features for all users, whether or not they have administrator rights on the computer.
• Support for assistive technology for individuals who have physical or cognitive difficulties, impairments, and disabilities.
• Support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
• Automatic cleaning according to your settings during regularly scheduled scans.
Microsoft encourages all Windows Defender (Beta 2) users to download and install Windows Defender.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.