As featured in:
- The State of PC Gaming in 2018
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
Discord is the only cross-platform voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers.
With the Discord Android app you can stay connected to all your Discord voice and text chat channels even while AFK. It is perfect for chatting with team members, seeing who is playing online, and catching up on text conversations you may have missed.
Download Discord and experience modern game chat:
- Voice chat: Join voice channels and chat with your group
- Real-time messaging: Share video, images, and text in rich chat
- Push notifications: Never miss a thing with @mentions and direct messages
- Instant Invite: Easily add friends to your voice server by sharing the Instant Invite link
- Direct messages: Send one-to-one private messages
- Multiple server support: Manage all your game chat groups in one client
- Organizable channels: Keep discussions on topic through structured communication
- Android version updated to 30.4
- Timed muting feature his here. Safely ignore your friends and family again
- Mark as unread option added (long press on messages)
- Slash commands now available.
- Fancy new UI for when you view a user's profile from chat
- Group DMs now have colored icons like everyone's favorite round candy.
- Android 10 users will no longer have trouble uploading images from the image picker
- Samsung integration for devices on OS P+
- Call connection fixes
- You can now create Server Folders by dragging one server on top of another.
- Emojis shouldn't use so much darn data and memory anymore (~60% speed boost!)
- Notification buffs: avatars are cool, we should show them.
- Light theme contrast adjustments
- iOS updated to 3.0.7
- Build 'Em Up
- Uploading videos is now as easy as uploading images. We've removed the unnecessary steps like a construction worker that hates stairs.
- Users who join a server with a time limit enabled before they can send a message now receive a push notification when the timer ends.
- Break 'Em Down
- Fixed iPad screen orientation bug where the members list wouldn't open if the app opened on a rotation. Open us in portrait, landscape, or portraitscape. Landtrait? We can handle it all.
- Fixed occasional crash when leaving or backgrounding voice calls. Occasional crash is never a good pair of words.
- Build 'Em Up
- macOS version updated to 0.0.255
- We did some heavy tinkering on Discord’s core infrastructure. Most of the following bullets are related to this. Queue the Daft Punk track.
- We’re not joking, please listen to this while reading for maximum impact.
- Large servers perform better in general. CPU and network usage is about the same regardless of server size (whether a hundred people or a hundred-thousand people).
- Offline members are no longer hidden after you cross one-hundred members. We turned this off long ago for tech… and it is back. Offline lists in large servers are still hidden, though.
- Discord uses a lot less data now. Long live your data plan.
- Discord uses a lot less battery now. Longer live your battery life. Also, the iOS app loads faster. Android imminent.
- Large Discord servers can now grow much larger. This one’s for you, Fortnite.
- Select Xbox Insiders can now connect their Xbox account to Discord.Will be available to the rest of us mere mortals sometime in the very very very near future.
- Audio files can now be played directly in Discord to minimize the time it takes for people to listen to your toasty mix tape.
- Screenshare now includes audio! Now your friends can yell at you to kill the Genji behind you.
- New authentication screens are sexy af. Go check out how wavy they are.
- Added a volume slider to the inline media player because that llama video someone sent me was loud and confusing.
- The instant invite pop up now has user suggestions for speed running server invites. UX BOOOOOOST :rocket:
- Turned off a few lights in dark theme. There’s more dark now. That’s how that works.
Recent Discord news
Software similar to Discord 6
Crystal-clear cross-platform voice communication. A gamers' favorite.
Skype is free and simple software that will enable you to make free calls anywhere in the world in minutes.
Real-time messaging that works. Get full access to your messages and archives, upload files easily, and receive notifications whether you’re at your desk or on the go.