Edit your tags. Looks great and it's free.
Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
- Write ID3v1.1-, ID3v2-, APEv2-Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once
- Full Unicode support
- Support for embedded cover art
- Automatically create playlists
- Recursive subfolders support
- Remove parts or the entire tag of multiple files
- Rename files based on the tag information
- Import tags from filenames
- Format tags and filenames
- Replace characters or words from tags and filenames
- Regular Expressions
- Export tag information to user-defined formats (like html, rtf, csv, xml)
- Import tag information from online databases like freedb or Amazon (also by text-search)
- Import tag information from local freedb databases
- Support for ID3v2.3 (ISO-8859-1 and UTF-16) and ID3v2.4 with UTF-8
- and much more ...
Supports the following formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey's Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
- NEW: added option to specify default directory for cover art.
- NEW: added preferences page for directories used in Mp3tag.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: