The legendary WinAMP media player can handle audio CDs, MP3 audio files, and streaming audio broadcasts.
Nullsoft Winamp 5 is a fast, flexible, high-fidelity music player for Windows. Winamp supports playback of many audio (MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MIDI, etc) and video types (AVI,ASF,MPEG,NSV), custom appearances called skins (supporting both classic Winamp 1.x/2.x skins and Winamp 3 freeform skins), audio visualization and audio effect plug-ins (including two industry dominating visualization plug-ins), an advanced media library, Internet radio and TV support, CD ripping, and CD burning.
Alternatively you can download the latest full version of this software.
This LITE version plays MP3s, AAC, WMA, and more. It is compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins and has full support for classic skins.
Winamp features: a playlist editor and a 10-band graphic equalizer with user-definable presets that can automatically load specific files. It also includes Windows Media Technology 4.0 input/output support and the industry-standard Fraunhofer MP3 decoder.
- New: Hungarian and Indonesian installer translations and language packs
- New: [enc_vorbis] Ogg Vorbis Encoder (based on aoTuV)
- Improved: Shift+F10 app key support in the Media Library
- Improved: [enc_fhgaac] Added VBR mode 6, plus other minor quality improvements
- Improved: [in_flac] Producer metadata support
- Improved: [in_mod] Refactored, simplified and threadsafe memory allocation
- Improved: [ml_history] Save playcounts when updated instead of only on exit
- Improved: [ml_local] Increased search query buffers from 512 or 1024 to 2048 bytes
- Improved: [gen_hotkeys] Added manual advance and visualization specific actions
- Fixed: Embedded album art not working in some scenarios
- Fixed: Video window reopening after being closed when editing mp4 tags
- Fixed: [aacdec] Memory leak when re-syncing to AAC stream
- Fixed: [bmp] Bounds checking in TSCC decoder
- Fixed: [bmp] Heap overflow issues (thanks: Secunia)
- Fixed: [in_avi] Divide-by-zero and NULL pointer issues (thanks: FuzzMyApp)
- Fixed: [in_mod] .IT memory & heap corruption issues (thanks: Jeremy Brown, MSVR)
- Fixed: [ml_local] Crash in MLDBAPI::SetField cache
- Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Genre and Year metadata edits writing to Disc# field
- Fixed: [vis_milk2] Presets not reacting to music in localized installs (Milkdrop v2.25)
- Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
- Updated: [aacdec] Fraunhofer AAC Decoder v1.762.208
- Updated: [in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.0 & libvorbis 1.3.3
- Updated: [lame_enc] LAME 3.99.5
- Updated: [png] libpng v1.5.10
- Updated: [vp8] libvpx v1.1.0
- Updated: [xml] expat v2.1.0
- Updated: [zlib.dll] zlib 1.2.7