Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Nestopia is a Nintendo NES emulator for Mac OS X.
Nestopia is by far the most compatible of any NES emulator for Mac OS X. Using cycle-exact emulation, it is able to run titles that rely on precise timing, and which therefore break under other emulators. It supports five extra sound chips and an astonishing 143 mappers. This accurate emulation comes at a cost; Nestopia requires an 800MHz machine for full speed; but if you have one, this the best available NES emulation for Mac.
Nestopia was initially developed for Windows by Martin Freij. The original sources may be downloaded from the Nestopia home page. The toolkit used to develop the Macintosh port, including the bridge code to link it to Nestopia, will be available in the longer term from my developer pages. Certain portions are available now, and more will be added in the future. Further information is also available from the enclosed Read Me file.
Nestopia has been updated to 1.2.9, bringing it in sync with the latest version for PC. Some of the fixes include:
· APU sample rate counter overflow bug.
· Rewinder stop bug when running at non-default speed.
· FDS IRQ counter. Fixes "Druid - Kyoufu no Tobira".
· Mapper 45, no bankswitching with CHR-RAM. Fixes "Famicom Yarou Vol.1 7-in-1".
· Mapper 57, menu switch on soft-reset. Info from CaH4e3.
· Mapper 58, 115, 222, 150 and 188. Info from CaH4e3.
· Mapper 74. Fixes "Sangokushi (chinese)" and others.
· Mapper 83, language mode on soft-reset for "World Heroes 2" and "Fatal Fury 2".
· Mapper 90/209/211, M2 based IRQ counter added. Fixes "Goal!!" in "45-in-1".
· Mapper 117, IRQ counter. Fixes "San Guo Zhi 4 - Chi Bi Feng Yun".
· Mapper 255, menu screen bugs as on the real cart.
· Soft reset for mapper 230 and 255.
· Small VRC7 sound chip load-state bug.
· Database entries.
· For best performance, a Quartz Extreme compatible AGP video card is required.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.