- PPU color emphasis and monochrome mode.
- Gameplay joypad data logging, also known as NES movies.
- Save states, at any time.
- GUI and configuration file auto generated.
- Sound recording in WAV format.
- Built-in 6502 CPU disassembler.
- Pseudo stereo sound output.
- Famiclone-style sound output.
- Various screen blitters with stretched and scanlined modes.
- Video triple buffering in full screen, avoiding screen tearing effect.
- Almost any NES PPU/CPU memory dumping.
- Palette RAM viewer.
- The savestate version has been changed to 8, so older states are no more compatible.
- Added/fixed proper savestate support for ALL mappers. [sound]
- Added support for Namco 163 sound (mapper 19).
- Added mapper 210.
- Fixed NSF init/play/reset.
- Fixed sound recording status when stopped. [mappers]
- Fixed MMC1 (mapper 1), plus support for 512k games (Dragon Warrior III and IV works).
- Fixed mappers 69, 72, 76, 78 and 92.
- Fixed IRQ counter on mapper 19 reset (Sangokushi II: Haou no Tairiku works). [gui]
- You can press Ctrl+F to call the "File info" dialog while in the GUI.
- CPU state info dialog now supports NSF. [general]
- General adjustments, cosmetic changes and cleanups.
- Documentation reworked and usual fixes.
Software similar to RockNES 3
Super Nintendo Entertainment System Emulator
Nestopia is a highly reccomended Nintendo NES emulator for Windows, Mac and Linux.
nds4droid is a free, open source Nintendo DS emulator written for Android smartphones. It is based off of the excellent emulator DeSmuME.