IrfanView is a fast and simple image viewer and editor that supports all major graphic formats, including BMP, DIB, JPEG, GIF, animated GIF, PNG, PCX, multipage TIFF, and TGA. In addition, it features drag-and-drop support, directory viewing, TWAIN support, slide shows, batch conversion, and modifications, such as color depth, crop, blur, and sharpen.
For added functionality you can also download Irfanview plugins.
- New Lossless JPG Dialog option: Rebuild EXIF-Thumbnail
- Update of EXIF-Thumbnail on JPG-Lossless-Crop
- Option to Edit EXIF date/time (Options menu or Thumbnails window for batch mode)
- Improved color accuracy in "Decrease color depth" function
- Added "Best quality" option in "Decrease color depth" dialog (Thanks to Kornel Lesinski!)
- New (Freeware) PlugIn for DWG format - thanks to BabaCAD-Software guys!
- New feature: Replace Color (Image menu and Advanced Batch dialog)
- New feature: Create tiled image (Image menu)
- New effects PlugIn: Filter Sandbox (Image->Effects menu, JewelScript, thanks to Stefan Kuhn!)
- Option to invert single color channels only (Image menu)
- New Edit menu option: Show Grid (see also Properties->Editing for cell size)
- New Slideshow Burning PlugIn for WinXP SP3 or later (Thanks to Eric Haddan!)
- New display options added: Fit small image side to window/desktop
- Profiles option added to Batch Rename dialog
- New Advanced Batch dialog option: Set new image size in MegaPixels
- New options for Fine Rotation effect: Keep old image size and background
- New feature in Color Corrections dialog: Change White Balance
- New effect in "Image->Add border/frame" dialog: Inside fading frame
- New Thumbnails menu: Extract pages from selected multipage files
- New Add Text dialog effect: Filled outline text (Thanks to Wong Shao Voon)
- Negative and Grayscale menus can work on selections
- Improved selection handling with large zooms
- Updated Icons-Plugin (bigger/nicer icons, thanks to Florian Kilzer)
- New hotkeys: CTRL + SHIFT + left/right arrow: Fine rotation, 0.10 deg
- New hotkeys: CTRL + SHIFT + up/down arrow: Fine rotation, 0.05 deg
- Batch-Scan dialog: some placeholders can be used for the filename (help file)
- New text placeholders to add $ and | characters (see help file)
- New (admin) INI file option: Set save formats in Save-As dialog (see FAQs)
- New hotkey for slideshow mode: SHIFT + Z = show all or portrait/landscape images
- Hotkey: G = stop or resume GIF/ANI animation (browse frames/pages if stopped)
- DCX/ANI loading bug fixed (reported by FuzzMyApp, thanks!)
- FPX bug fixed (reported by Secunia/Krystian Kloskowski, thanks!)
- Added reading support for 32-bit (96 BPP) TIF images
- New command line option: /multipdf (same syntax as /multitif)
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.