Note: This is a clean version of ImgBurn without any installer. Scanned with VirusTotal.
ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application. It has several 'Modes', each one for performing a different task:
- Read - Read a disc to an image file
- Build - Create an image file from files on your computer or network - or you can write the files directly to a disc
- Write - Write an image file to a disc
- Verify - Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
- Discovery - Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing.
ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats - including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI. It can burn Audio CD's from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM - including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV.
You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEOTS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVDTS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease. It supports Unicode folder/file names, so you shouldn't run in to any problems if you're using an international character set.
ImgBurn supports all the Windows OS's - Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 and 7 (including all the 64-bit versions). If you use Wine, it should also run on Linux and other x86-based Unixes.
It's a very flexible application with several advanced features that are often lacking in other tools, especially when it comes to burning DVD Video discs. It supports all the latest drives without the need for updates (including booktype / bitsetting / advanced settings on many of the major ones - i.e. BenQ, LiteOn, LG, NEC, Plextor, Samsung, Sony).
There is an image queue system for when you're burning several images (which you can automatically share between multiple drives if you have more than one) and an easy-to-use layer break selection screen for double layer DVD Video jobs. The Automatic Write Speed feature allows you store your favourite burn speed settings on a per 'Media ID' basis, right down to a drive by drive level. Data captured during the burn (write speed, buffer levels etc) can be displayed / analysed using DVDInfoPro.
Whilst ImgBurn is designed to work perfectly straight out of the box, advanced users will appreciate just how configurable it is.
Oh and let's not forget the best thing about it.... it's 100% FREE ;-)
- Added: Holding the ALT key when clicking on DLE window's Disc pane column header will now remove the sort order (so they're then essentially sorted by addition order).
- Added: Ability to incrementally search the Explorer pane in the 'Disc Layout Editor' window.
- Added: The effective USB connection speed (1.1, 2.0, 3.0) for USB devices to the initial device scan log entries.
- Added: Log entry when burning showing the effective layer break position.
- Added: Log entry when burning that shows the number of discs a Lite-On drive thinks it has burnt.
- Added: Pioneer drives now list their 'Kernel Version' next to the firmware version.
- Added: The Windows 7+ taskbar button/progress display now turns red if an I/O error box pops up during a read/write (etc.) operation.
- Added: The ability to set the 'Platform ID' when building a bootable disc - thus enabling the creation of UEFI bootable discs.
- Added: Internal version of the 'BurnerMax Payload' code (well, what I could figure out) to allow for overburning DVD+R DL on many MediaTek chipset based drives. In practice, this only seems to work on Lite-On (and clone) drives that have 'Force HyperTuning' enabled.
- Added: MSF info to the 'Sector Viewer' tool.
- Added: Allow for larger I/O buffer (1GB).
- Added: Option to pick the transfer size (32KB -> 512 KB) used when reading / writing files.
- Added: Option to enable/disable the OS's buffering when writing image files.
- Added: Ability to make the Explorer pane in the DLE window 'Read Only'.
- Added: Support for Opus audio compression format.
- Added: Support for TAK lossless audio compression format (including embedded CUE sheets).
- Added: Ability to use a '*' wildcard for 'backup list' directory entries in an IBB project file (applies to Advanced input mode).
- Added: A few keyboard shortcuts to the DLE window. (Ctrl+Shift+C = New Disc (Clear), Ctrl+Shift+D = Add Folder (Directory), Ctrl+Shift+F = Add Files, Ctrl+Shift+N = New Folder)
- Changed: No longer bundling/offering the Ask.com toolbar in the setup program, OpenCandy now handles product offerings during installation.
- Changed: Buffered I/O is now enabled by default for reading/writing files.
- Changed: Update the splashscreen logo.
- Changed: The 'Delete' option/button in the Disc Layout Editor has been renamed to 'Remove' so it matches the one in Standard input mode (and so people aren't put off by the term 'Delete' - thinking it'll actually delete the file on their hard drive).
- Changed/Fixed: Detect oversized UDF File Entry descriptors and don't attempt to parse them.
- Changed/Fixed: Restore 'Disc Layout Editor' window's focus when the application becomes active.
- Changed/Fixed: Workaround for the new 16x LG Blu-ray writers that report the wrong (a truncated) current write speed value in the 'GET PERFORMANCE' response when burning at 16x.
- Changed/Fixed: Workaround for newer LG drives with the 'Silent Play' feature that seem to ignore attempts to set the read speed via the 'SET STREAMING' command. They get fixed on 1x and won't read any faster!
- Changed/Fixed: Attempt to block users from trying to write discs their 'combo' drive doesn't support (i.e. a DVD+RW/BD-ROM combo drive trying to burn BD-R).
- Changed/Fixed: Potential errors were being ignored/lost when setting a 'changeable' layer break position to its current/maximum value. The program now reports them.
- Changed/Fixed: Tweaked the 'browse for folder/file' dialog code to hopefully stop the OS from throwing up a 'There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive X:.' error when the MRU location is a drive that no longer has a disc in it.
- Changed/Fixed: Reworked some commands that could optionally not use 'Immediate I/O'. Old code could fall back to 'Non-Immediate I/O' and loose the initial error message from the 'Immediate I/O' version of the command.
- Changed/Fixed: Made an adjustment (potential bug fix) to my drag+drop component's code. It may cut down on crashes / weird things happening as a result of the user having performed a d+d operation.
- Changed/Fixed: 'Shutdown Computer' checkboxes should have read 'Shut Down Computer'.
- Changed/Fixed: Recently added 'MID' info to was missing from the disc info text in Read / Verify modes.
- Fixed: Cosmetic issue displaying numbers when the user's 'thousands separator' is set to nothing.
- Fixed: Displaying wrong firmware subversion on newer LG Blu-ray drives (BH14+).
- Fixed: Memory leak when burning Audio CDs that use DirectShow for decoding.
- Fixed: Memory leak when burning an Audio CDs where the files are already in the correct format for burning (no decode required).
- Fixed: Potential access violation when reading a field in a UDF 'File Set Descriptor'.
- Fixed: Old (orphaned) AWS related registry/ini file entries were being left behind - this was perfectly fine, it's just nice to keep the place tidy!
- Fixed: DLE Window's Disc Toolbar wasn't being resized for higher DPI systems - meaning the buttons weren't fully visible.
- Fixed: When outputting Mode2/Form1/2352 from Build mode, the program didn't take into account any additional data type conversion required for the drive - this could produce a corrupt disc.
Apps similar to ImgBurn 21
With this free software you can burn CD-R, CD-RW DVD+R/RW DVD-R/RW discs.
Daemon Tools is a virtual cd/dvd-rom emulator.
BurnAware allows you to easily perform the most common disc burning operations.