Download notes: Alternatively you can download the latest Mac version of this software.
With nearly 2,000,000 users worldwide, UltraEdit is the #1 selling, most powerful, value priced text editor available.
- Code Folding
- Supports 64-bit file handling (standard) on all 32-bit Windows platforms
- UNICODE support
- Disk based text editing - supports files in excess of 4GB, minimum RAM used even for multi-megabyte files
- 100,000 word spell checker, with foreign languages support (American English, British English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish and Swedish)
- Syntax highlighting - configurable, pre-configured for C/C++, VB, HTML, Java, and Perl, with special options for FORTRAN and LaTex. Multiple wordfiles available for download
- P client built in to give access to FTP servers with multiple account settings and automatic logon and save. (32-Bit Only) Includes support for SFTP (SSH2).
- SSH/Telnet Window
- Project/Workspace support
- Integrated scripting language to automate tasks
- Configurable keyboard mapping
- Column/block mode editing
- Hexadecimal Editor - allows editing of any binary file, shows binary and ASCII view
- Named Templates
- HTML Toolbar preconfigured for popular functions
- Integration with UltraSentry to securely delete UltraEdit temporary files
- Multi-byte Support with Integrated IME Support
- Smart Template improvements:
- Project-based templates
- Insert templates by name via macros/scripting (refer to Help documentation for syntax)
- Drag-and-drop text to template list to create new templates
- Modify template name directly in template list
- Open template file directly in editor (right-click template group in template list)
- Description field for templates (displayed in tooltip in template list)
- Line Change Indicator improvements:
- Jump to next or previous change in active file
- Ability to configure LCI width
- All reported LCI issues fixed
- Option to delete unencrypted backup file(s) when encrypting files
- Improved configuration options for File Associations
- Several improvements for running macros on large amounts of data
- Addressed issues with Backup/Restore User Customizations
- Addressed issues with Delete All Hidden Lines
- Other minor enhancements and improvements
Apps similar to UltraEdit 7
Free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You'll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance.
Web Builder 8.x is a WYSIWYG (What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get) program used to create web pages.