Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Easy to use feature rich file searching utility. Fast search, accurate results.
HandyFileSearch program is intended to: (i) allow a user to quickly access files that the user remembers at least part of the name; (ii) quickly find a file by variety options (time, size, extension, location); (iii) find a file - binary or textual - containing combination of words or binary data (AND, OR, NOT, wildcards and regular expressions supported). The program allows a user to define several additional searching parameters (file size, creation time, extension, folder, etc.) to better restrict the number of results returned. The HandyFileSearch scans computer disk(s) (one-time operation that takes a few minutes) and creates a cache file. This allows the program to search for the files by their names really quickly.
- Easy to use - simple and logical UI with minimum controls.
- File preview build-in - a preview pane to quickly view JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF, PDF, TXT, HTML, XML, ... and generally all textual files.
- Fast searching by file names - quickly searches by file names (partial, * and ? wildcards supported, regular expressions supported, searches within file name only or full path).
- Powerful searching by content - search for multiple keywords with AND, OR, NOT. Use * and ? wild cards, regular expressions, search in binary files, search for binary data and much more...
- Thumbnail or details view
- Searches in ID3 Tags, EXIF, IPTC - quickly search MP3 files by ID3 tags or JPG files (photos) by EXIF info.
- Advanced search options - define additional search parameters such as file size, last modification time, file extension, etc.
- Search within ZIP archives - optionally search for files within ZIP archives.
- User pre-defined persistent search options - do not enter search options over and over again.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.