With Ventoy, you don't need to format the disk again and again, you just need to copy the iso file to the USB drive and boot it. You can copy many iso files at a time and ventoy will give you a boot menu to select them. Both Legacy BIOS and UEFI are supported in the same way. 420+ ISO files are tested. A "Ventoy Compatible" concept is introduced by ventoy, which can help to support any ISO file.
Can I install Ventoy to a partition in my installed disc?
Yes. You can install Ventoy to virtually any drive, including a partition on your local disk. This means it can be installed in most USB drives, removable HD, SD Card, SATA HDD and SSD.
What operating systems are compatible with Ventoy?
Ventoy is compatible with Linux, macOS and most versions of Windows, this includes Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11. For Windows 11 Ventoy has the ability to bypass the hardware check when installing.
What kind of BIOS does Ventoy support?
Ventoy supports various BIOS that include the x86 Legacy BIOS, IA32 UEFI, x86_64 UEFI, ARM64 UEFI and MIPS64EL UEFI BIOS.
What are the best Ventoy alternatives?
- 100% open source
- Simple to use
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file)
- Directly boot from iso file, no extraction needed
- Legacy + UEFI supported in the same way
- UEFI Secure Boot supported (1.0.07+)
- Persistence supported (1.0.11+)
- MBR and GPT partition style supported (1.0.15+)
- WIM files boot supported (Legacy + UEFI) (1.0.12+)
- Auto installation supported (1.0.09+)
- ISO files larger than 4GB supported
- Native boot menu style for Legacy & UEFI
- Most type of OS supported, 300+ iso files tested
- Not only boot but also complete installation process
- ISO files can be listed in List mode/TreeView mode Notes
- "Ventoy Compatible" concept
- Plugin Framework
- USB drive write-protected support
- USB normal use unaffected
- Data nondestructive during version upgrade
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distro is released
- Drag to resize Ventoy2Disk.exe dialog width.
- Fix a bug when booting veket_24.
- Fix a bug when booting the latest UOS server ISO.
- New distro support: vanilladpup
- New distro support: FydeOS 17
- languages.json update
- Wana boot and install OS through network (PXE)? Welcome to my new project, iVentoy https://www.iventoy.com
- Fix Synchronous Exception on some ARM cpus. (#2488)
- Fix the boot issue for Fedora/CentOS when file name contains special character. (#2360)
- Support unattended auto install for Deepin/UOS.
- Fix a bug that if you plug-out the USB drive during installation, Ventoy will be probabilistically installed to other disk.
- Correct EFI chainloader image device path. (#2397)
- Add support for FreeBSD 14-CURRENT.
- Fix the issue for booting Bliss OS 15.x (#2329)
- Fix a bug that Fedora boot error if Ventoy partition is NTFS. (#2333)
- Add Recognition for NTFS with large cluster size (greater than 64KB).
- Improve grub2 mode process for legacy BIOS mode.
- Fix the issue that VTOY_LINUX_REMOUNT option can not work for (Kernel 5.18+) + (Intel Gen11+ CPU).
- Support LibreELEC 11.0+. (#2281)
- Fix the issue that Fedora Rawhide install media not detected. (#2283)
- Add support for chimera linux. (#2309)
- Optimization for Fedora boot process.
- New iso support. (Total 1100+)
Previous release notes
- Fix the issue that VTOY_LINUX_REMOUNT can not work in new linux kernel.
- Fix the issue that Ventoy2Disk_X64.exe can not run under altexe directory.
- Fix the issue that VentoyPlugson_X64.exe exit silently.
- Add missing /FS option for Ventoy2Disk.exe in Windows command line mode.
- Ventoy2Disk.exe automatically change current directory when started from other directory.
- Add tip message when theme file contains non-enclosed literal values. (#2166)
- Ignore reserved space when do non-destructive installation via GUI. (#2168)
- Fix the menu missing issue when there exist an invalid vlnk file. (#2228)
- languages.json update
Software similar to Ventoy 7
YUMI lets you create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive containing multiple OS, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostic tools, and more.
One of the best tools to create bootable USB drives. Works for Windows, Linux, DOS, UEFI and Arm.
Create, edit, extract, convert, compress, encrypt, split and mount CD/DVD image files.
- Free to Try
MultiBootUSB allows you to install multiple live linux on a USB disk non destructively and option to uninstall distros. Try out the world's first true cross platform multi boot live usb creator for free.
More similar downloads