The latest beta of the powerful archive manager. Create and decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from the internet.
WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 128 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is shareware, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
- WinRAR gives you all future Updates for free.
Master password processing:
- if password stored in compression profile is protected with master password and user entered a wrong master password after choosing a profile, "the specified password is incorrect" message is displayed before repeating request
- if -cp<profile_name> switch is used, profile stores a password protected with master password and user cancels the master password prompt, the entire archiving command is cancelled. Previous versions continued archiving without a password.
When repairing archives in command line, it is allowed to specify a name of existing destination folder also without trailing path separator. Previously "r" command accepted only "destfolder\" format. Path separator is still required if destination folder does not exist.
- WinRAR could crash when attempting to display some types of archive comments in GUI shell, resulting in a denial of service
- current archive name was not updated in hint message associated with tray icon when repairing several archives in background.
Apps similar to WinRAR Beta 3
Free, open source archiver featuring volume spanning, authenticated encryption and compression in several formats. Supports 7Z, 7-Zip, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
7-Zip is a file archiver with one of the highest compression ratios.
Zipeg is free WinZip/WinRar alternative for Windows. Extracts from RAR, ZIP and many other file formats.