Labels X 3.0.1 for Mac OS X
Labels X enhances Apple's file labeling features in Mac OS X.
With Labels X not only can you apply various color tints to file or folder icons, and sort the files by label, but also you have an option of applying color tints to either an icon or its name or both.
This gives you more freedom and options in organizing your files. Additionally, Labels X shares file label information with Mac OS 9. So, no matter where you label your files - you will see the labels in both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X (file labeling is a built-in feature in Mac OS 9).
- Applies color tint labels to Finder icons;
- Change the "bubble" color; (10.3 only)
- Adds "Label" column to Finder list view to sort files by label;(pre 10.3 systems)
- Easy-to-use contextual menu to view and change labels for files;(pre 10.3 systems)
- Label menu in the Finder's File menu to view and change labels;(pre 10.3 systems)
- label command-line utility to get and set label information from Terminal;
- Simple preference pane with an ability to change label names and colors;
- This upgrade is free for all registered users.
- Includes Application Enhancer 2.0.3.
- Fixed an issue preventing Recent Items menu from working on Intel-based Macs.
- Speed optimizations.
- Mac OS X 10.2 or later
- Application Enhancer (included in installer).
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: