TeraCopy is a compact program designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed, also providing you with a lot of features.
TeraCopy is designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed. It skips bad files during the copying process, and then displays them at the end of the transfer so that you can see which ones need attention. TeraCopy can automatically check the copied files for errors by calculating their CRC checksum values. It also provides a lot more information about the files being copied than its Windows counterpart. TeraCopy integrates with Windows Explorer's right-click menu and can be set as the default copy handler.
Copy files faster
TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce the seek times. Asynchronous copying speeds up the file transfer between two physical hard drives.
Pause and resume file transfer activities
Pause the copy process at any time in order to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
In case of a copy error, TeraCopy will try several times to recover and, in the worse case scenario, will simply skip the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
Interactive file list
TeraCopy shows the failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only the problem files.
TeraCopy can completely replace the Explorer copy and move functions, in turn enabling you to work with files as usual.
Full Unicode support.
Windows 8 x64 support.
Changes in TeraCopy
- Added: 'Remove other' to remove non-selected files from the list (Pro).
- Added: Better handling multiple copy processes.
- Added: Multiple retries to delete source files and folders after moving.
- Added: Tray notification when adding files to the existing process.
- Fixed: Problem with some non-latin filenames.
- Fixed: Copied files now have a correct creation time.
- Added: WaitBeforeMinimize option to ini file.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: