Whether you know it or not, your computer is always at risk of becoming infected with viruses, worms, Trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and malware of every kind. Malicious software is constantly evolving and becoming harder to detect and remove. Only the most sophisticated anti-malware technologies can detect and remove malicious programs from your computer. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware combines powerful new technologies designed to seek out, destroy, and prevent malware infections.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an easy-to-use anti-malware application available in both a Free and PRO version. With over 100 million downloads, the Free version is well-known for its detection and removal capabilities, and the PRO version uses advanced protection technologies to proactively stop malware infections. Additionally, Malwarebytes offers a host of extra utilities as well as an approachable forum community to help you combat any piece of malware that exists in the wild.
Find out why IT experts, businesses and technical support centers all over the world employ Malwarebytes in their arsenal when fixing and defending their machines.
- Changed some of the terminology used in scan results and scan logs to make them clearer
- Enabling or disabling self-protection should now be more responsive under most circumstances
- Each language name is now listed in its native tongue rather than being translated to make switching languages easier
- Blank window is no longer observed flashing on screen during startup and shut down of system when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is running in the tray on Windows Vista and newer operating systems
- Several crashes and BSOD issues fixed with rootkit scanning
- Scan speed improved with rootkit scanning enabled under some circumstances
- Rootkit scans should no longer hang indefinitely under certain conditions
- Compatibility issues with certain VPN client software fixed
- Protection no longer fails to start after upgrade under some circumstances when self-protection is active prior to upgrading
- Entire General Settings tab now responds to clicks correctly
- Several issues with Access Policy restrictions not restricting access as they should
- Editing the Access Policy password no longer results in restricted areas of the software being inaccessible when the correct password is entered
- Access Policy feature now functions when Bitdefender Total Security is installed
- Manual scan of individual files and folders using context menu scan feature in Explorer no longer results in the scan failing to run under certain circumstances
- Green checkmark status is no longer indicated when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is unable to reach update servers when attempting to update
- Text is no longer cutoff in the UI on Windows XP or when the 'Classic' theme is used on Windows 7
- Scan time is now reflected accurately at the end of a scan
- Quarantined objects remain listed correctly in Limited User Accounts when restoration of an object fails due to lack of permissions
- Some words in UI which were not translated into non-English languages now are when those languages are selected
- Driver left behind during uninstallation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is now removed as it should be when the product is uninstalled