As featured in:
- Are Gray Market Game Key Sites Legit?
- Should You Be Wary of All the Free Games?
- In-Home Streaming Faceoff: Steam Remote Play vs. Moonlight
Instantly access to your favorite games
We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other great perks.
Join the Steam Community
Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
Create and Share Content
Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Whether you’re on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam. Take the fun with you.
Available on PC, Mac, and Linux
We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in.
How to install Steam Beta:
Opting in to the Steam Client Beta lets you use the latest features before they're released.
Please follow the instructions below to participate in the Steam client beta:
- With Steam running, click on "Steam" in the upper left, then choose the "Settings" menu. (Preferences on Mac)
- On the "Account" tab under "Beta Participation" click the "Change..." button.
- Select the "Steam Beta Update" from the drop down list and click "OK".
- You will be prompted to restart Steam, please select the "Restart Steam" button.
If you are using Big Picture Mode:
- Select 'Settings' then 'System'
- Check the ‘Participate in client beta’ option
- Follow the prompt to restart Steam
A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
- Fixed temporary UI hang when a game quits in some circumstances
- Fixed crash writing to closed files
- Fixed duplicate events appearing in the app detail activity feed
- Added support for the Share button on the PowerA Fusion Pro 2 and the PDP Xbox Series X Afterglow controllers when Xbox Extended Feature Support is enabled.
- Added support for the Amazon Luna Controller
- Added support for the Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition controller
- Added experimental support for the Amazon Luna Controller connected via Bluetooth
- Improved performance when there are many P2P connections
- Fixed bug causing NAT traversal to not work for 64-bit applications on Linux
- Reduced route flapping and excessive sending of rendezvous messages for P2P connections
- Improved performance of P2P connections
- Fixed Screenshots dialog not showing that a screenshot has been successfully uploaded
- Fixed persistent SteamVR file conflict
- Increased log detail regarding Steam Cloud file conflicts
- Added an option to change the overlay hotkey (by default ESC)
- Fixed host crash when ICE negotiation is not enabled or fails
- Fixed video resolution streaming to iPad Pro
- Fixed crashes when on a WPA3 wireless network
- Fixed crash during startup while performing auto-login on some systems (steam-for-linux#7813)
- Initial fixes for excess memory usage downloading shader depots
- Updated scout LD_* runtime to 0.20210630.0
- Updated libXi to be compatible with newer SDL and Steam (steam-for-linux#7874[github.com])
- Improved Nvidia Vulkan ray-tracing support (make sure /dev/nvidia-uvm is created)
- Updated the client_beta branch of soldier container runtime (supporting Proton) to 0.20210629.0
- Soldier client_beta branch has several security related library updates
- Soldier client_beta branch has improvements to Nvidia Vulkan ray-tracing support
- Added mapping for the PS5 DualSense controller
- Fixed games not running until after file integrity is verified
- Fixed default shortcut creation for certain games
Recent Steam news
Software similar to Steam 7
Ubisoft Connect is the ecosystem of players services for Ubisoft games across all platforms.
Blizzard Battle.net is an Internet-based online gaming, social networking, digital distribution, and digital rights management platform developed by Blizzard Entertainment.
Download Origin to play anywhere, challenge friends, explore exciting new games, and stay connected to the Origin community.
GOG Galaxy is a fully optional client to install, play and update your games. It also offers online multiplayer, achievements, chat, game-time tracking and more - but it’s up to you which features you want to use.
More similar downloads