As featured in:
- 11 Great Free Steam Games
- How to Move PC Games to a New Drive: Steam, Origin, Windows Store, Epic Games, Battle.net & GOG
- Are Gray Market Game Key Sites Legit?
Instantly access to your favorite games
We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other great perks.
Join the Steam Community
Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
Create and Share Content
Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Whether you’re on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam. Take the fun with you.
Available on PC, Mac, and Linux
We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in.
How to install Steam Beta:
Opting in to the Steam Client Beta lets you use the latest features before they're released.
Please follow the instructions below to participate in the Steam client beta:
- With Steam running, click on "Steam" in the upper left, then choose the "Settings" menu. (Preferences on Mac)
- On the "Account" tab under "Beta Participation" click the "Change..." button.
- Select the "Steam Beta Update" from the drop down list and click "OK".
- You will be prompted to restart Steam, please select the "Restart Steam" button.
If you are using Big Picture Mode:
- Select 'Settings' then 'System'
- Check the ‘Participate in client beta’ option
- Follow the prompt to restart Steam
A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
- Stop displaying a demo banner in the header for certain titles that are not demos.
- Scout runtime 0.20210906.1:
- Improve compatibility with deprecated environment variable setting SDL_AUDIODRIVER=pulse (steam-runtime#452, steam-runtime#459)
- Use readlink -f instead of realpath for better compatibility with Ubuntu 14.04
- Improve handling of OSs that do not install zenity
- Heavy runtime 0.20210907.0:
- Add libcups.so to the runtime (steam-for-linux#8031)
- Fix an issue with analog controls in Dynasty Warriors 9
New Downloads Page
The downloads page in the Steam client has been replaced with a new implementation and has been visually redesigned for clarity and ease of use.
- When a game/update is actively downloading it will now display the total progression completed for the download or update. Previously the progress bar would only display the downloading content progress but not the disk allocation process which would make an update to appear completed when it was not.
- Any partially completed downloads/updates in queue now will show a faded progress bar and percent completed next to it to clearly display its current state.
- A new (i) icon next to the game's title will reveal a tooltip displaying the types of content that is included in that update. Types consist of: Game Content, Downloadable Content, Workshop Content, and Shader Pre-caching. This icon only appears if the update is not solely game content.
- The download queue is now fully reorderable using drag and drop.
- The context menu for the actively downloading item now includes an option to launch the game when the download is complete and an option to suspend download throttling (if enabled) for the duration of that download.
- The "View News" button is now a "Patch Notes" link that will open an overlay to the most recent relevant patch notes for the game. This will only display for games that have entered patch notes into the new event system. The patch notes link will only show up on updates, not fresh installs. For workshop updates, a page of subscribed items ordered by update date can be accessed by selecting "View Updated Items" from the context menu.
The storage management section in the Steam client has been replaced with a new implementation.
- Updated Steam library folder UI for easy content management across multiple drives
- Allow mounting library folders on read-only drives
- Allow removing empty library folders on fixed drives
- Updated Steam library folders dialog to better manage various game content installed on your drives
- Game counts in various places in the UI will no longer include Tools unless the Tools filter is selected in the left column.
- The Recent Friend Activity shelf has been removed.
- Fixed some errors for users whose account name was the maximum length.
- Fixed duplicate events appearing in the app detail activity feed
- Added "Patch notes" and "View subscribed items" to context menu on downloads page for items for which those options are relevant
- Removed demo banner on hero image for some things that are not demos
- Fixed a library crash when right clicking on certain kinds of multiple selections in the game list
- Streamline new library folder creation during game install
- When starting a tool (like SteamVR), do not automatically navigate to its details page
- Change display of bits per second from "b/s" to "bps"
- Fixed issue with the Friends List not loading correctly
- Fixed group chat notifications dialog being scaled down within the window
- Replaced taskbar notification area icon for Windows
- Fixed “Uninstall Game” dialog blocking UI in case app is still downloading
- Fixed crash when attempting to delete some screenshots from the Steam Cloud
- Improved support for OpenXR applications.
Remote Play Together
- Fixed remote player's controllers not being detected or not getting input if they connect while the Steam overlay is up
- Fixed crash when closing Steam after using streaming or remote play together
- Fixed being unable to stream a game if it needs updates
- Fix loading / saving settings for users with non-ASCII characters in their name
- Fixed a sync issue due to one client running without a connection to Steam when files are changed from another client
- Further reduced CPU usage of Steam Input, especially in Steam Input API games
- Added support for the current set of PowerA Xbox Series X controllers
- Fixed handling Xbox Series X controllers when Xbox Extended Feature Support is enabled
- Fixed Steam Overlay displaying at wrong resolution in some games
- Fixed incorrect identification of current OS version as "Catalina" in Steam Library compatibility label when running macOS 11
- Fixed regression causing too many open file handles error during downloads of some games
- Library pinning process is significantly faster at startup after runtime updates
- Restore compatibility with NixOS (steam-runtime#431)
- Make /usr/share/nvidia available to the container if using the NVIDIA proprietary driver, so that app-specific profiles can be applied (steam-runtime-tools#73)
- Silence most LD_PRELOAD warnings
- SDL 2.0.16 now available in sdk and runtime
- Fix web views incompatibility with distro host freetype (steam-for-linux#7935)
- Added detection of HTC Vive Pro 2 and a prompt to install the Vive Pro 2 Driver
- Fixed bug that prevented Steam from counting some USB-connected headsets when gathering data for the hardware survey. In general, the sampling of SteamVR sessions should have caught most of these cases, but this could have resulted in some undercounting.
- Fixed game hitching that happens to some users when USB devices are inserted or removed
Recent Steam news
Software similar to Steam 14
The Epic Games store is now open, featuring awesome high-quality games from Epic and other developers.
GOG Galaxy is a fully optional client to install, play and update your games. It also offers online multiplayer, achievements, chat, game-time tracking and more - but it’s up to you which features you want to use.
Ubisoft Connect is the ecosystem of players services for Ubisoft games across all platforms.
Blizzard Battle.net is an Internet-based online gaming, social networking, digital distribution, and digital rights management platform developed by Blizzard Entertainment.
More similar downloads