As featured in:
Instantly access to your favorite games
We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other great perks.
Join the Steam Community
Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
Create and Share Content
Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Whether you’re on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam. Take the fun with you.
Available on PC, Mac, and Linux
We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in
- Added a new game properties dialog, which replaces the old dialog for all Steam games.
- Fixed displaying the coming soon date for a pre-loaded game
- Added support for software calibration of the PS5 controller gyro
- Fix issue with Dpad emulation in games using the joyGetPosEx Windows API, ex: Shiren the Wanderer
- Fix Nintendo Switch origins in Steam Input API not reflecting the current Nintendo/Xbox layout setting
- Fixed an issue causing files to swap between users under separate Windows user IDs, and also with some file stored in paths with embedded 64-bit SteamIDs
- P2P connections now may attempt to negotiate a direct connection (punch NAT), if needed, to prevent connections from having very high latency. Added an option in the In-Game settings panel to control when your IP address is shared.
- Fix bug causing LAN server browser search to not show any servers
- Improved performance of processing incremental Vulkan shader database updates
- Fixed several issues around skipped Vulkan shader processing continuing in the background after a game has started
- Disabled shader processing on NVIDIA while driver issues are being looked into
- Fixed long delay in UI response when hot-plugging a controller
- Disabled “Enable GPU accelerated rendering in web views” and “Enable hardware video decoding” settings on Apple M1 devices due to poor HW-accelerated performance currently through Rosetta.
Recent Steam news
Software similar to Steam 6
Download Origin to play anywhere, challenge friends, explore exciting new games, and stay connected to the Origin community.
Uplay is Ubisoft's PC games portal, where you can find all their games.
GOG Galaxy is a fully optional client to install, play and update your games. It also offers online multiplayer, achievements, chat, game-time tracking and more - but it’s up to you which features you want to use.