As featured in:
Instantly access to your favorite games
We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other great perks.
Join the Steam Community
Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
Create and Share Content
Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Whether you're on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam. Take the fun with you.
Available on PC, Mac, and Linux
We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in.
How to install Steam Beta:
Opting in to the Steam Client Beta lets you use the latest features before they're released.
Please follow the instructions below to participate in the Steam client beta:
- With Steam running, click on "Steam" in the upper left, then choose the "Settings" menu. (Preferences on Mac)
- On the "Account" tab under "Beta Participation" click the "Change..." button.
- Select the "Steam Beta Update" from the drop down list and click "OK".
- You will be prompted to restart Steam, please select the "Restart Steam" button.
If you are using Big Picture Mode:
- Select 'Settings' then 'System'
- Check the 'Participate in client beta' option
- Follow the prompt to restart Steam
- Greatly improved desktop capture quality on Windows, now supporting variable framerates
- Fixed crash on Windows when the stream resolution is changed
- Fixed streaming connections failing after Steam has been restarted
- Fixed Remote Play Together dialogs occasionally not resizing correctly
- Fixed color quality when streaming from Linux to Steam Deck
- Fixed game install/update failing for Steam libraries installed on a filesystem that does not support preallocation (e.g. ExFAT, FAT32)
Recent Steam news
Software similar to Steam 14
GOG Galaxy is a fully optional client to install, play and update your games. It also offers online multiplayer, achievements, chat, game-time tracking and more.
The Epic Games store is now open, featuring awesome high-quality games from Epic and other developers.
All your favorite communities, friends, and games, all in one place.
Ubisoft Connect is the ecosystem of players services for Ubisoft games across all platforms.
More similar downloads