Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business Sunset
Money Plus Sunset Home and Business is designed to be a replacement for expired versions of Money Plus Home and Business.
All versions of Money Plus sold at retail and online, required users to perform an “Online Activation” step in order to keep using the product, even if online services had already expired. Online Activation was also required for every machine onto which Money Plus was installed. Now that Money Plus is no longer available for purchase, the online activation step will eventually become unnecessary and unsupported.
The Microsoft Money Plus Sunset versions provide an alternative version of Money with the following:
* No activation requirement. This version can be installed/reinstalled as needed without a requirement to activate
* No online services. Discontinued services include online quotes, bill payment, statement downloads initiated by Money, data sync with MSN Money, etc. If your financial institution provides OFX or QIF statement downloads, the Sunset versions will allow you to import those statements into your Money file
* Online Help is replaced with a local Help file
* No Assisted Support. Self Help and community support may continue to be available for a few more years
* File conversion from older versions of Money. The Sunset versions are able to open and convert Money Plus files and files from older versions of Money (e.g. Money 2006, Money 2007). The Sunset version cannot convert files created by regional (non-US) versions of Money
Money Plus Sunset is available in two versions:
* Money Plus Deluxe Sunset – designed to replace Essentials, Deluxe and Premium
* Money Plus Home & Business Sunset (this file, download above) – designed to replace Home & Business
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: