System Cleaner 7.40
Keep your PC running faster, cleaner, and error-free with System Cleaner full set of 7 powerful tools.
A hard drive can be crammed full of stuff you don't need, or want. Windows applications litter your hard drive with junk that serves no purpose. This junk can cause your PC to slow down and even cause some application problems. Some programs use temporary files to hold intermediate data but do not delete them after program shutdown (e.g. just take a look in your WindowsTemp directory where many such files end up). Many setup programs are prime examples of this. Other programs keep producing lots of unwanted log files. Yet others automatically create backup files of edited documents. Internet browsers create a lot of cache files, 'cookie' files, history files, etc, etc.
The problem is that if you don't clean up such files periodically, your free disk space will slowly but steadily shrink and it will be more difficult to find the files that you do want because of all the junk littering it. If you are really unlucky, Windows may even crash because it hasn't got enough space for its virtual memory swap file.
System Cleaner fixes and prevents errors in Windows 98/ME and Windows NT/2000/XP by finding and cleaning (deleting) error-producing and space-wasting garbage files. System Cleaner operates by regularly scanning your hard drive for various error producing files and then optionally cleaning them from your system for you.
System Cleaner targets specific types of error producing files that common disk utilities, uninstall, defrag, disk-scanning, and sweep-type programs will miss. The error files that System Cleaner searches for and deletes can produce hazardous results if they are not properly cleaned from your drive on a periodic basis.
System Cleaner is the ultimate tool for restoring hard-drive space, cleaning up the history of your activities on your computer and keeping your system running like new.
System Cleaner is fully Y2K compliant and will work with Windows 98, Millennium Edition, Windows 2000 and Windows XP as well as 95/NT systems.
- Restores your hard drive's performance
- Fixes system errors that slow your PC down and cause it to crash
- Speeds up your PC's execution of software programs
- Removes space-wasting temporary files and other unnecessary disk clutter
- Tunes up and optimizes the Windows Registry
- Erases all evidence of your computer and internet activity
- Makes your PC boot faster
- Makes your PC shutdown faster
- Fine-tunes all important Windows settings
- And more. Click here to see everything that System Cleaner does.
- Improved Maintenance Statistics
- Improved memory defrag engine
- Other minor fixes and improvements
- Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows Me, or Windows 98
- 64MB RAM
- 6MB Hard Drive Space
- CD-ROM Drive
- Internet Connection Recommended
- 800 x 600 Display using 256 color
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.