Windows 7 Logon Background Changer 184.108.40.206
Customize your welcome screen wallpaper in Windows 7.
Windows 7 Logon Background Changer is a free open source software that let you change the wallpaper of the Windows 7 logon screen (also known as "welcome screen", "login screen" or LogonUI).
It works with Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, Enterprise and Starter, in x86 or x64 (32 or 64 bits). It also works on Windows Server 2008 R2 (but you are not supposed to customize a server).
On a side note, this small program is WPF based, it's a nice technical demo of Windows Presentation Foundation capabilities for those interested in WPF. It requires a decent GPU for the 3D animations to run smoothly.
What does it do?
- It does NOT change any system file, and the program itself does not requires admin rights to run : it will just ask you to run as admin a very simple cmd file that creates the required folder and registry key with the appropriate rights. Any user of the computer will then be able to change the Windows 7 logon screen wallpaper. You can also prevent users from being able to change the logon screen wallpaper if you don't want them to be able to modify it without administrator rights (option available by clicking on the "Settings" button).
- It creates a few JPEG files based on the image you want to put as wallpaper for the Windows 7 login screen, applies the appropriate cropping and sizing and saves them using the best compression quality possible.
- Improved user interface (new visual theme, full screen mode, ...)
- Added folder navigation
- Fixes a crash that could occur the user select a folder containing a corrupted picture
- Subfolder pictures are no longer displayed automatically
- Various bug fixes
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.