WindowBlinds is a one-of-a-kind utility that allows Windows users to completely change the look and feel of the Windows interface by applying a new skin. There are thousands of different skins to choose from that are freely downloadable from the WindowBlinds website.
A WindowBlinds skin can make Windows look like an alternative operating system, like their favorite sports or car brand, or something completely new. Because WindowBlinds uses the latest hardware acceleration features of modern video cards, WindowBlinds won't slow down your computer and uses very little memory.
WindowBlinds is safe and easy to use. It doesn't alter any system files and users can switch between the default Windows look and feel and a custom WindowBlinds skin with the click of a button. In addition, WindowBlinds has been tested to ensure it works with Windows Vista, so you know it is compatible, reliable, and more secure.
Customize the look & feel of Windows
Tired of your computer having the same old look as every other computer? Want to give your Windows PC its own unique style? Stardock WindowBlinds will let you apply thousands of different skins (visual styles) to change the look and feel of your entire desktop. WindowBlinds is so flexible that users can create skins that mimic the look and feel of other operating systems.
Not Just Eye Candy
WindowBlinds doesn't just make Windows look better, it can make it more functional. You can create your own skins that add additional buttons to the title bar that provide additional functionality such as roll-up buttons, link buttons, program short cuts, even media player controls. Moreover, because WindowBlinds uses the latest features of your graphics card, it can make Windows even faster than the default Windows XP or "Aero" style.
You are in control
Even with thousands of different visual styles to choose from, you can customize those visual styles as well. WindowBlinds gives you total control over your graphical user interface. WindowBlinds will let you change the color of your Windows GUI, change your wallpaper, give different windows their own specific look, choose a new Windows taskbar and Start button.
Improve your productivity
WindowBlinds has features that significantly enhance a user's productivity when it comes to interacting with windows. For example, you set WindowBlinds to minimize windows just by right-clicking on the title bar, a great feature for minimizing several windows quickly without having to resort to "minimize all".
- Fixes the reported issue with UIS2 skins and not painting the text in the tree and the gap for some UIS2 skins with new explorer windows.
- Fixes an issue with electron framework apps (like Skype) being excluded when they have a standard caption
- Fix for Chrome losing frames in some situations.
- Firefox no longer has an issue with the min, max, close buttons clicking when Firefox is allowed to skin but the titlebar isn't set to be above tabs. (It will not use the WB skin in this mode)
- Firefox, when titlebar is above tabs now, paints the caption text correctly
- Thunderbird no longer paints black in the top right corner and the main window is excluded from WB
- Chrome / Edge paint the titlebar correctly on initial launch now
- PDFLite / SumatraPDF no longer has a missing tab bar. Due to the way this app works the titlebar with the tabs is excluded
- EM Lite app is now excluded as it is entirely custom and was experiencing issues with WB skinning
- Skype may now animate with WindowFX
- Start menus with animations may no longer show under the start menu when used with Start10 and WindowFX animations. Please note menus that use blur will not animate with WindowFX.
- Added dark mode support to WindowBlinds config UI. Force this via the top right cog if on Win7 or always want dark mode regardless of OS setting
- Worked around incompatibility with OpenShell/ClassicShell where it does not disable its taskbar skinning and so stops WB skinning the taskbar
- Auto excluded electron app main windows
- Note: Adobe Acrobat, when in-app container, mode no longer renders without frames on Windows 10 (It cannot use the WB skin however as it is sandboxed)