Malware and installed programs can modify your default settings. With Tweaking.com - Windows Repair you can restore Windows original settings.
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair can do the following:
- Reset Registry Permissions
- Reset File PeEnter your zip code herermissions
- Register System Files
- Repair WMI
- Repair Windows Firewall
- Repair Internet Explorer
- Repair MDAC & MS Jet
- Repair Hosts File
- Remove Policies Set By Infections
- Repair Icons
- Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
- Remove Temp Files
- Repair Proxy Settings
- Unhide Non System Files
- Repair Windows Updates
- Repair CD/DVD Missing/Not Working
- and more...
Using Tweaking.com - Windows Repair:
When you first run the program you will be introduced to 4 steps before the repair options. These steps are highly recommend to do before attempting any repairs.
Step 1. Clean Your System Of Infections.
Trying to fix a system that is currently infected is obviously a very bad idea and can make things worse. An infection can hijack a machine and keep part of the repairs from running correctly. Since only part of a repair will work the other part that failed could end up causing problems. Rule of thumb before working on a system is to make sure it is clean. Even if you think your system is clean doing a scan before hand is a good idea.
Step 2. Check File System
Doing a check disk on the hard drive is a good idea. This will have Windows check the file system on the drive fixing any problem it finds. Corrupt files can break a lot of things, including the repairs. So making sure the file system is good is a must.
Step 3. System File Check (SFC)
The built in Windows system file checker is a tool that checks that the Windows files are intact, the correct versions and not corrupted. This is a good idea to do before doing repairs as if a file is corrupt and we try a repair that needs that file then the repair will fail.
Step 4. System Restore
Doing a system restore point is a great idea to do before doing any repairs. If any unforeseen problems happen after any repair than a system restore can put the system back to the way it was before the repairs. This is highly recommended.
In this final step you can choose between 3 modes.
- Basic Mode: This will run only the most basic, safe repair options. Extra advanced repairs are disabled.
- Advanced Mode: Runs more advanced repairs while leaving a few disabled.
- Custom Mode: Every repair is available. The program will remember your repair choices the next time you choose custom mode.
- Updated Repair Proxy Settings. The repair now puts the check on Auto Detect settings under the lan settings in internet options.
- On systems that have any programs that use wininet.dll to connect to the net would fail if auto detect settings is unchecked, including my own programs.
- This is change will fix that.
- Updated default permissions for Windows 7,8 & 10 with all updates as of April 25, 2016.
- PAD File (For Software Sites)