A free, lightweight and user-friendly note taking application.
CintaNotes lets you quickly save and tag any useful information that you come across or just need to jot down.
Clip text from anywhere. Just select it and press the hotkey The text-clipping "magic" works in any application that can copy text to clipboard. CintaNotes automatically saves the text and its source URL, and you don't even have to install a plug-in to integrate it with your web browser!
Fast as-you-type searching Retrieving information is also trivial: just open CintaNotes and start typing! Only notes containing the typed phrase remain in the list. More sophisticated search criteria are supported, like searching by title or by URL the note was taken from.
Powerful tagging system You can use tags for note organization, and later use tag union, intersection and subtraction filters to quickly find what you need.
Synchronize notes across multiple PCs Live note synchronization is supported with the help of free online services such as DropBox or SugarSync.
Run it from your flash drive CintaNotes is a totally self-contained application, meaning that you can put it on a flash drive and run it directly from there. In this way, your notes will always be with you.
- Enhanced hyperlink support in notes Now it is possible to turn any text into a hyperlink targeting either an arbitrary URL, a file, or another note.
- Note properties: display character and word counts
- Editor: change title from "Edit 'Smth'" to "Smth (Edit)"
- Simplenote sync: prevention of duplicates when syncing an exported notebook
- Simplenote sync: notes containing %25 synced with errors
- Recycle bin: note with paraformats can't be opened
- Esc key handling: immediate minimize and non-multistep reset fail when search box has focus
- Editor: When no text is selected, text formatting shortcuts now toggle formatting for current word only and not whole paragraph
- Editor: ed a numbered list formatting error
- Editor: ed indents being reset on applying list format
- HTML export: links without protocol pre didn't work
- CN could crash on changing notebooks via File menu
- In some cases a "License Expired" message could be shown on valid license.
- Tags not assigned to any note were not imported.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.