It was born to kill a windows process and became almost a task manager replacement. You can kill a process by dragging the mouse over the windows, by right-clicking the process in the main process list, or by typing its name with the "Kill all by name" command. You can set a any window to be always on top, to be transparent, to be enable, et cetera.
Although Daphne was born just to kill windows process. You can think of Daphne as a task manager replacement. The main window displays a list of currently running process with detailed information about: CPU usage, Process ID, Process name, Full path (and arguments), Priority, Class (Process / Service), Current memory usage, Peek memory usage, Current swap usage, Peek swap usage and Number of threads.
- Enhanced (experimental) multidesktop feature: use up to four windows desktops using WindowsKey + F5 to F8.
- Installed software list for inspecting installed software available in tray icon menu. Installed software
- Check process hierarchy tree using the "Show process tree" at tray icon menu. Process tree
- Parent process name an PID at process' properties.
- Now you can make configuration portable using INI file instead of registry base configuration.
- Support for DRK's process data base information search and contribution.
- Hide application tool: drop the target over the application's window you want to hide. Later, you can restore the application from Daphne menu.
- Take care: process names may be eclipsed by malicious software.
- Find process window tool: identify the process which owns the targeted window.
- Traps: you can set up traps to be applied to any process being created.
- Detailed process list, including full path and arguments.
- Per process detail including: Windows tree, thread list, modules, enviroment variables.
- Using the windows tree you can: Show, hide, set always on top on or off, set focus, et cetera to any give window.
- Kill all by name: Kill all process using a given name.
- Kill menu: Customizable menu, each menu item has a process list to kill upon activation.
- Process list highlighting with colors for custom, system and high CPU-consumption processes.
- Control inspector window for revealing hidden passwords.
- Drag and drop tool for killing, setting alpha, enabling controls and putting windows always on top.
- "Hide Java VM from command line" option in advanced tab makes Daphne strip the path to the default Java VM in full path mode.
- Internationalization: Spanish, Italian, German, French, Chinese, Valencian, Polish, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Arabic and Greek support.
- First 2.xx version
- Access to Windows 7 God Mode
- Online mode and statistical data submission is mandatory now
- Minor bug fixes
Apps similar to Daphne 4
Find out which program has a particular file or directory open.
Process Lasso is a software that will improve system responsiveness and stability.
A standalone version of the little process manager included in HijackThis.