Process Lasso is a unique new technology intended to automatically restrain running processes that are consuming too many CPU cycles. Often times, processes that are 'out-of-control' can bring an NT system to a near halt. Once one or more processes have become CPU resource hogs, termination of the offending process(es) is very difficult since it is nearly impossible to even open the task manager.
With Process Lasso, these processes are temporarily reduced in priority so that the system is returned to a responsive level. Process Lasso can even work when multiple processes are responsible for a decrease in system responsiveness. In addition, Process Lasso offers capabilities such as default process priorities, termination of disallowed processes, and logging of processes executed. Process Lasso is extremely efficient and itself has almost no CPU usage. The core engine, called the Process Governor, is separated from the GUI so that one can completely close the GUI and keep the primary functions of Process Lasso operating. The core engine can even be run as a system service so that it starts before any user is logged in. However, the GUI itself is so optimal that we recommend leaving it running so it can quickly be accessed in times when it is needed.
- Add 8 hour option to keep awake
- Do not stop governor service when GUI is exiting.
- Improve migration of watchdog rules when updating from old version
- Restore code to migrate process watchdog rules from older versions
- Double-click on system tray icon now opens context menu
- Allow watchdog (advanced) process rules to be created with expired trial version
- Switch to VC10 Platform toolset, drop last bit of W2K and XP
Apps similar to Process Lasso 5
RogueKiller is an antimalware software using a very effective detection method based on a list of signatures but also on heuristic analysis.
Find out which program has a particular file or directory open.
Advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity.