Android File Transfer for Mac
The new Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) enables you to manage content on any portable device with storage.
Android File Transfer is an application for Macintosh computers (running Mac OS X 10.5 or later) you can use to view and transfer files between your Mac and an Android device (running Android 3.0 or later).
Download and Install:
- Step 1: Click Download Now above.
- Step 2: When the download completes, double-click androidfiletransfer.dmg.
- Step 3: In the Installer window, drag Android File Transfer to Applications.
Use Android File Transfer
- Use the USB cable that came with your Android device to connect it to your Mac.
- Double-click Android File Transfer to open it the first time (subsequently, it opens automatically).
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device, add folders, copy files up to 4GB to or from your Mac, delete files, and more.
- Choose Help > Android File Transfer Help to learn more.
Note: If you are looking for Android file transfer software for Windows, you actually don't need extra software to connect your Android device to a Windows computer. It should be plug and play. If you are having issues, you can get help in our mobile computing forum.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: