It can be especially useful for cases where:
- you need to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- you need to work on a system that doesn't have an OS installed
- you need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- you want to run a low-level utility
Despite its small size, Rufus provides everything you need!
Non exhaustive list of ISOs Rufus is known to work with:
Arch Linux, Archbang, BartPE/pebuilder, CentOS, Damn Small Linux, Fedora, FreeDOS, Gentoo, gNewSense, Hiren's Boot CD, LiveXP, Knoppix, Kubuntu, Linux Mint, NT Password Registry Editor, OpenSUSE, Parted Magic, Slackware, Tails, Trinity Rescue Kit, Ubuntu, Ultimate Boot CD, Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
- Modernize the language selection button, courtesy of David Warner
- Add keyboard accessibility, courtesy of David Warner
- Add a clear indication of when UEFI-CSM is to be used
- Fix an USB detection issue and add support for ASUS UASP "Turbo Mode"
- Fix prevention of Windows shutdown when Rufus is idle
- Improve UI on high DPI monitors
- Update Grub4DOS to 0.4.6a [2015.05.18]
- Other UI improvements and fixes, including translation updates