It can be especially useful for cases where:
- you need to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- you need to work on a system that doesn't have an OS installed
- you need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- you want to run a low-level utility
Despite its small size, Rufus provides everything you need!
Non exhaustive list of ISOs Rufus is known to work with:
Arch Linux, Archbang, BartPE/pebuilder, CentOS, Damn Small Linux, Fedora, FreeDOS, Gentoo, gNewSense, Hiren's Boot CD, LiveXP, Knoppix, Kubuntu, Linux Mint, NT Password Registry Editor, OpenSUSE, Parted Magic, Slackware, Tails, Trinity Rescue Kit, Ubuntu, Ultimate Boot CD, Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
- Display USB size in the dropdown list (NEW)
- Add Bulgarian translation, courtesy of Krasimir Nevenov
- Improve checkbox handling in the UI and fix UDF/exFAT formatting issues
- Fix replacement of obsolete vesamenu.c32 (reported by Liang)
- Fix an issue that could prevent the download of files from the Rufus website
- Fix untimely libcdio messages when processing Rock-Ridge ISOs (such as Ubuntu)
- Other minor fixes