A powerful C++ BitTorrent Client.
BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with Bittorrent, which is one of the most popular p2p protocol designed for high-speed distribution of 100MB or GB sized files. BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use bittorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Clean and free, without any adware or spyware.
- Completely new core written in C++, stable and fast, very low CPU usage.
- Multiple simultaneous downloads, ability to select download files in one torrent and set file priority.
- Ability to limit the upload speed as well as download speed.
- Intelligent Connection Optimize, Auto Optimization for different connections, runs well using all default settings.
- Intelligent Rate Control, optimize the upload distribution in order to get the max download rate.
- Intelligent Disk Cache, decrease the potential damage to the hard disk when high-speed downloading (>500KB/s) by decrease the read / write frequency, extra memory usage is the cost.
- Intelligent Disk Allocating, no long-time disk allocation, also decrease the disk fragment to almost zero.
- Intelligent Hash Scan, no time-consuming scanning when seeding / resume.
- Firewall and NAT Traversal, users behind differect NAT can now connect to each other.
- GUI Improved: add download speed/progress graph in task summary pane
- GUI Improved: add download size in total, upload size in total, torrent create time in task list, hidden by default
- GUI Improved: display new finished tasks in bold
- GUI Improved: display proxy server connection errors in task log
- GUI Improved: after hash checking, mark the banned and removed files in piece map as empty
- GUI Improved: improve the operation of open file, open folder and invoke anti-virus software, avoid UI not response
- GUI Improved: add new language: Kurdish
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug of missing file extension name when start download by Magnet URI
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug of not keeping selection state when switch between task list and torrent exchange list
- GUI Bugfix: install package supports Windows 8.1
- Core Improve: improve Firefox extension to support multiple Firefox versions
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug in Firefox extension that unable to start BitComet from Save As dialog
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug of the save folder of HTTP/FTP file is not set to the desired one from remote download webpage
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: