Hardwipe is a slick on-demand data sanitizer for Windows with a user interface that is both beautiful and a dream to use.
Use Hardwipe to permanently erase (or "hard wipe") data on disk and portable storage media, ensuring that discarded, but sensitive, information can never be recovered by someone else.
Hardwipe can not only erase drives and USB media, but can also sanitize the Windows Recycle Bin, overwrite selected files and folders, and clean unused drive space of unwanted remenant data. Furthermore, you can run Hardwipe as a standard-alone application, or use its convenient "right-click" context menus from within the Windows File Explorer.
It also provides overwrite verification, audit logging, and supports all major sanitization schemes, including:
- GOST R 50739-95
- DOD 5220.22-M
Hardwipe lets you "hard wipe":
- Physical Devices
- Logical Volumes
- Files & Folders (inc. sub-trees)
- Windows Recycler Bins
- Unused Drive Space
Features also include:
- Explorer "right-click" context menus
- Overwrite verification
- Visual audit log of sanitization tasks
- Background mode for lengthy tasks
- Automatic computer shutdown on task completion
- Multilingual support with additional language packs
- Installer update to deploy application for all users
- Bug fix: Shell context menus not installing correctly on some machines (related to above change)
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: