LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises. All LAV Filters are based on the FFmpeg multimedia libraries (licensed under GPLv2).
LAV Filters are a set of open-source DirectShow filters, aimed to eventually replace the better part of the playback chain required to play all and any modern media. It is based on ffmpeg and libbluray and is aimed to offer an all-around solution to perfect playback of file-based Media as well as Blu-rays. LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises.
- Full support for multiple video/audio/subtitle streams in one file (switching between streams natively supported)
- Support for Matroska embedded fonts
- “Smart” stream selection, based on preferred languages and quality
- "Forced” Subtitle handling
- Fixed: The filtered Forced Subtitles stream did not properly send all related subtitle data in some cases
- NEW: Implemented a WMV9 MFT decoder to replace the old DMO decoder for VC-1/WMV3 on Windows 7 and above
- NEW: Support for VP7 video
- Fixed: Multi-threaded video decoding could result in a handle leak on some systems
- Fixed: Video processing was slow on Windows XP due to inefficient memcpy use
- Fixed: DVD subtitles could overlap on some discs
- Fixed: Dynamic format switching to an audio stream with a different sample rate did not work in some cases