Drag, drop, and share your files
Not just your messages, but all your files, images, PDFs, documents, and spreadsheets can be dropped right into Slack and shared with anyone you want. Add comments, star for later reference, and it’s all completely searchable.
If you use any services like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box, just paste the link and that document is immediately in sync and searchable too.
All your tools in one place
Connect all the tools you use to Slack and avoid all that constant switching between apps. Set up your integration so that you get all your notifications directly within Slack—from support requests, code check-ins, and error logs to sales leads—all of them searchable in one central archive.
Search your entire archive
Everything in Slack—messages, notifications, files, and all—is automatically indexed and archived so that you can have it at your fingertips whenever you want. Slack also indexes the content of every file so you can search within PDFs, Word documents, Google docs, and more. With one search box and a set of powerful search operators, you can slice and dice your way to that one message in your communication haystack.
Everywhere you go
With fully native apps for iOS and Android, whatever you do on one device is reflected everywhere. Everything is in sync. We’ll keep your place so you can always pick up wherever you left off.
Customize your notifications whether you’re on your computer or mobile device. Dial them up to be alerted about everything or dial them down to focus on just a few things.
- A plethora of improvements for the people of Enterprise Grid, including faster quick switching, better proxy support, and direct message draft syncing across multiple workspaces (so whichever workspace you started typing that message in, you can finish in another).
- You can now right-click on Slack in the taskbar to do useful things like jump to a specific workspace, or move Slack to your current display.
- Unread badges, which had been being a little inconsistent, have been given a stern talking to, and promise to be more reliable henceforth.
- Call loading has been improved, as have other general pieces of call performance.
- The workspace sign-in flow has been gently massaged, leading to improved error handling and magic link support.
- Copying an email link will now, as you might expect, copy the email link.
- A clutch of crufty crashes, as hard to explain as they were annoying to experience, have now been completely corrected.
- Notifications on Windows 7 machines without graphics acceleration hardware can now be used once again.
- We closed first our left eye, then our right, and can confirm that the text in this new version is a little bit sharper for some Windows users.
- Applications launched by Slack (when, say, clicking a link) will no longer inherit Slack’s environment variables.
Apps similar to Slack 11
Skype is free and simple software that will enable you to make free calls anywhere in the world in minutes.
Supercharge team collaboration with group chat and IM.
Like WhatsApp Web, the desktop app is an extension of your phone: the app mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device.