Nexus Root Toolkit 1.8.1
This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it.
You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more. With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings.
All the latest Android builds and Nexus devices are officially supported including the new Nexus 5, with full KitKat support. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The main changes in this release are enhancements to the screen recording feature, some added driver information, and extended support for all the latest KitKat builds
Supported Nexus devices:
- Galaxy Nexus: GSM Models (both yakju and non-yakju builds)
- Galaxy Nexus: CDMA/LTE Verizon Models
- Galaxy Nexus: CDMA/LTE Sprint Models
- Nexus S: Worldwide, i9020t and i9023 Models
- Nexus S: 850MHz, i9020a Models
- Nexus S: Korea, m200 Models
- Nexus S 4G: d720 Models
- Nexus 7: Asus Tablet
- Nexus 7 3G: Asus Tablet
- Nexus 7 v2 (2013): Asus Tablet
- Nexus 7 v2 (2013) LTE: Asus Tablet
- Nexus 10: Samsung Tablet
- Nexus 4: LG Phone
- Nexus 5: LG Phone
- Fix for some status bar localizations not working and giving an error.
- Implementation of an optimized QuickFind routine.
- Implementation of per-zone user data handling.
- Security fix in the JPEG library.
- Security fix in web workers.
- Extended full support to all the devices that just recently got upgraded KitKat (N4, N7 WiFi, N7 Mobile, N7 v2 WiFi, N7 v2 Mobile, N10)
- Enhanced the Screenrecording feature; more specifically – made it so the end-user can stop a recording early at anytime by pressing the ESC key on their keyboard.
- Added some info to the driver guide that may be helpful.
- Other small fixes and optimizations.
- Select the correct device and build (what you are currently running)
- Configure your drivers if you haven’t already using the driver guide (If you aren’t sure use Step 3 of the driver guide to test your drivers).
- If you need to, backup your important data.
- Unlock your device
- Root your device
- Learn more about each option by mousing over the control, dynamic tooltips will provide you more information, also each button displays a message about what it does first.
- So the best way to get familiar with the toolkit is simply to press the buttons and read what it says.
- Please read the FAQ's
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: