The Professional version can find similar files regardless of their file types. It will analyze the file data in order to find similar files and not just file attributes like name and size as the standard clone removers do. It uses advanced algorithms while searching for similar files and provides accurate results, while this is not true for the commonly advertised fuzzy search methods.
The duplicate remover uses fast binary comparison algorithm and has internal preview supporting a lot of image, video, music and text file formats. It can also preview the common file formats.
When the scan process is finished the program shows all the duplicated files in groups and can automatically mark the oldest for deleting. The auto-mark algorithm has advanced settings to exclude from auto-mark files with user specified extensions, file sizes, file dates and file names. A "source" folder can also be excluded from auto mark. There is an option to protect system files and folders that is enabled by default and guarantees that the application will not remove any critical system files.
- Find duplicate files or find similar files in user specified folders, hard drives, computers or entire networks
- Fast binary comparison algorithm
- Internal preview supporting images, videos, music, text and binary files
- Older or smaller files can be automatically marked for deletion
- Duplicate files can be moved to Recycle Bin, custom folder or deleted permanently
- Support for all kinds of removable media - usb drives, diskettes etc.
- Has intuitive interface and rich documentation
- Process priority settings that will let the application scan in your computers IDLE time
- Protection for system files and folders that will prevent damages to your system files when removing duplicates
- Automatically locate duplicate files in Windows Explorer
- Open file with associated program
- Powerful filter and exclude from auto-check options
- Powerful Quick Check/Uncheck dialog
- Multi-language file system support
- In results grid added popup menu item "Remove from List..."
- In results grid added popup menu item "Remove Group from List..."
- Fixed issue deleting large amount of files
- Fixed issue that prevented the program to show results on rotated desktops
- Fixed loading some older project file formats
- Faster and safer way of getting associated file icons