High Image Quality
- 96-bit (floating point) processing engine.
- Non-destructive editing.
- Get the most details and least artifacts from your raw photos thanks to modern and traditional demosaicing algorithms: AMaZE, DCB, AHD, EAHD, HPHD, IGV, LMMSE, VNG4, Mono and Fast.
- Advanced color handling from white balance to HSV (Hue-Saturation-Value) curves, color toning and color management.
- Powerful CIE Color Appearance Model 2002 (CIECAM02) module.
- Enhanced exposure and tonality tools: tone and Lab curves, highlights and shadows tools, tone mapping (HDR-like effect), etc.
- Multiple denoising methods: luminance, chrominance (both rewritten in 2012), impulse (for salt and pepper noise) noise reduction.
- Several tools to enhance details: unsharp mask, RL deconvolution, contrast by detail levels.
- Multi-threaded algorithms for high performance (RawTherapee can utilize modern processor features, like SSE).
- Quick thumbnails load lightning fast and are replaced later with live thumbnails.
- Batch processing: convert all the developed images at once without loading the processor while you work.
- Copy/paste editing parameters from one file to many other. Partially copying and/or pasting is also possible.
- Basic tools immediately at your hands.
- Parallel editing of multiple images in separate editor tabs, and/or all at once from the file browser.
- An optional secondary display can be used.
- Wide variety of supported cameras: almost all DSLRs and even some medium format bodies are supported.
- Can load most raw files including 16-, 24- and 32-bit raw HDR DNG images, as well as standard JPEG, PNG (8- and 16-bit) and TIFF (8-, 16- and 32-bit logluv) images.
- Can save JPEG, PNG (8- and 16-bit) and TIFF (8- and 16-bit) images.
- Advanced control over the algorithms with many fine-tuning parameters and curves.
- Can send to GIMP or the editing tool of your choice in one click (16-bit TIFF file).
- Command line usage besides the normal graphical interface.
- Various layouts: multiple tabs, single tab with filmstrip, vertical tab with filmstrip, dual monitor.
Freedom for Free
- RawTherapee is free and open source software, meaning you can use it free of charge, wherever you like on whatever hardware you like, as long as you abide by the copyleft GPLv3 license. Download the source code, modify it, feel free to do what comes to mind. We believe in open software.
- It is cross-platform: Linux, Mac, or Windows, be it 32-bit or 64-bit - you pick, we provide.
- International: it is available in 25 languages
- RawTherapee-4.2 includes many speed, precision, stability and memory usage optimizations. As such, users of 32-bit operating systems may now find that they can enjoy more stability while using the most memory intensive tools. Of course users of 64-bit systems benefit from this as well. Refer to the full changelog for more information.
- Powerful color toning tool.
- Curve control of luminance noise reduction.
- Median filter in the noise reduction tool.
- Film simulation tool using Hald CLUT pattern files.
- Command-line option to define bit depth of output TIFF/PNG file.
- Multiple improvements to dead/hot pixel handling, see RawPedia.
- Filename of currently opened image shown in the titlebar.
- Clip control for the flat-field correction tool.
- Demosaic method "Mono" for monochrome cameras, and "None" for no demosaicing.
- Copy/paste processing profile keyboard shortcuts for right-handed users using Ctrl/Shift-Insert.
- Update to dcraw 9.22 1.467
- New or improved support for:
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II
- Canon PowerShot G7 X
- Canon PowerShot SX60 HS
- Fujifilm cameras using the X-Trans sensor
- Fujifilm X30
- Hasselblad H4D-31
- Hasselblad H4D-50
- Hasselblad H4D-60
- Hasselblad H5D-40
- Hasselblad H5D-50c
- Mamiya Leaf Credo 40
- Mamiya Leaf Credo 50
- Mamiya Leaf Credo 60
- Mamiya Leaf Credo 80
- Monochrome cameras such as Leica Monochrome
- Nikon D610
- Nikon D700
- Nikon D750
- Nikon D800E
- Nikon D810
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100
- Phase One IQ250
- Phase One P40
- Phase One P65+
- Sony Alpha ILCE-5100
- Sony NEX-C3
Apps similar to RawTherapee 3
Image and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows.
GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
Photoshop CS2 pushes the envelope with powerful features and simplified workflows that provide photographers and creative professionals the freedom to deliver stunning images.