Version 14 features the standard inclusion of Auxiliary Input and File Selector; a higher-quality MP3 decoder (LAME 3.96.1); support for 32-bit WAV IEEE; Unicode tagging transfers; a Power Pack trial included as standard and a license for the MP3 encoder in the trial; smart-install codecs; and new DSP effects (a graphic equalizer and dithering-down bit depth). Finally, dBpowerAmp can supply column information in Windows Explorer (much more refined than Windows standard audio columns).
- Rip digitally sound from Audio CDs and store in a multitude of formats, dMC is the Fastest CD Ripper and now AccurateRip Compatible
- Convert from one format to another, just about every audio type is supported: mp3, mp4, Windows Media Audio (wma), Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Monkeys Audio, FLAC and many others [Codec downloads], whilst preserving ID Tags,
- Volume Normalize audio files,
- Windows Explorer Integration - right click Convert To & popup useful information on audio files (such as bitrate, length).
- ID tag editing [Power Pack Option],
- Record from LPs or anything [optional Auxiliary Input install],
- Fully compatible with Windows 95/98/ME NT4/2000, Windows XP and Linux (using Wine).
- 100% Free (mp3 encoder on trial license), No nags, popups, hidden spyware or bundleware.
- CD Ripper - when add meta item, has drop list of artist, album etc
- CD Ripper - if no artist name then for file naming only is set to 'Unknown Artist'
- CD Ripper - can access meta menu drop down evenif no cd is in drive
- CD Ripper - Genre, Composer, Comment columns always show (even if not a compilation)
- Music Converter - remembers the last used path when selecting files
- Mp3 lame shows -vbr-new on the info line