Home › Drivers › Networking
Cisco RV082 8-port 10/100 VPN Router Dual WAN Firmware 188.8.131.52
1. The firmware supports RV082 v2 hardware and RV082 v1.x hardware. Note that
v2 hardware uses ADM6996I, whereas v1.x hardware uses ADM6996L.
2. The router is prevented from downgrading firmware from 2.x.x to 1.x.x on RV082
3. The administrative username can be configured on the Setup > Password page.
4. Fixed an issue with intermittent VPN connection.
5. Fixed an issue with logging unauthorized login attempts.
6. Fixed an issue with ProtectLink Gateway service caused by importing an old
configuration file, which was exported from firmware 184.108.40.206 or older.2
7. Fixed an issue with verifying the SSL certificate of the ProtectLink Gateway
8. Fixed a DHCP server issue, where not all DHCP clients in the LAN can get an IP
9. Fixed a dual-WAN failover issue with SIP.
10.Fixed an issue with invalid Daylight Saving dates.
11. Fixed an issue with Split DNS over VPN.
12.The source port of DNS queries is now randomized by the NAT.
13.QuickVPN service will limit the maximum number of connection requests, as a
protection mechanism against Denial of Service (DoS) attack.
14.QuickVPN service will prevent brute-force password attack by a five-minute
timeout following five successive password errors within one minute.
15.SSLv2 is disabled for enhanced security.
16.The router will log a message when the ProtectLink URL queue is almost full,
warning users that URL blocking might occur if the URL Overflow Control in the
ProtectLink > Web Protection page is in the default setting. When the URL queue
returns to empty, the router will log a message indicating that the temporary
URL overflow has disappeared.
1. QuickVPN Client v1.2.8 on Windows Vista cannot work properly when the Vista
PC uses a wireless adapter to connect to the network. The issue was fixed by
QuickVPN Client v1.2.11.
2. Windows Firewall needs to be enabled on Windows Vista in order for QuickVPN
Client to function properly. This is due to the fact that IPSec service on Vista is
disabled when Windows Firewall is disabled.
3. QuickVPN Client v1.2.6 on Vista does not work properly when the Server
Address is a DDNS domain name. This issue was fixed by QuickVPN Client
4. There is a known issue with Windows XP SP2 Firewall: ICMP packets are
always dropped by the Firewall when the Firewall is enabled. The issue will
prevent the QuickVPN Client from successfully establishing a tunnel with the
remote QuickVPN Server. Microsoft released a patch to fix this issue. After you
install the patch, the issue should be resolved. Visit the following URL:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889527/en-usRelease Notes for RV082 Firmware Version 220.127.116.11-tm 3
5. Port 60443 is a special port used for QuickVPN and cannot be used for remote
management. Similarly port 1723, which is used for PPTP, cannot be used for
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.