Microsoft Xbox 360 Firmware 2.0.16747.0 USB File
The Xbox 360 console software is updated periodically with new features. If you're having one of the following problems, updating your console software might fix the problem:
- Dashboard themes don't appear.
- Avatars are missing.
- The Kinect sensor doesn't work (flashing green or red sensor light).
Note: The version of the console software available here is from 12 December, 2013.
Copy to a USB flash drive
If you cannot connect your Xbox 360 console to the Internet, you can copy the console update from your computer to a USB flash drive and then install it on the console.
Note: The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system.
- Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
- Download the update file.
- Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
- Unzip the file. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
- Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your flash drive.
- Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
- Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
- Restart the console.
- When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: