HP Deskjet 5550 Driver 7.1.0 for Win 2000/XP
Caution: The printer's cable (USB or Parallel) must be unplugged before proceeding!
1. Create a new folder on the hard drive: c:\dj5551 before downloading the printer driver.
2. Download the driver to the newly created c:\dj5551 folder.
3. Open the c:\dj5551 folder and double-click on the downloaded "exe" file. Once the files are loaded and driver installation screen appears, proceed to step 6. If this screen does not appear, continue with the next step to manually open the screen.
4. Double-click on the c:\dj5551\Win2k_xp folder to open the folder.
5. Double-click on the "setup.exe" file to start the installation program.
6. Follow the instructions on the installer screens to complete the installation.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.