NOTE: Due to the size of the download and the time it would take, HP recommends ordering the CD-ROM version rather than downloading the Web version of the driver without broadband (Cable, DSL, T1, or equivalent) Internet access.
ECP Mode Must be ON! (Extended Capabilities Port)
If you plan to connect your HP OfficeJet or HP Printer/Scanner/Copier to your PC via the PC's parallel port, your computer's parallel port must be set to ECP mode to operate properly under Windows 2000. ECP mode allows greater I/O (communications) capabilities through your parallel port and is enabled via the computer's BIOS. Restart your PC, and in most cases, you will be prompted to hit F1, F2, or DEL to Enter your computer's BIOS or "Setup" program. (Check your PC's documentation or vendor's web site for more info).
Once you have entered SETUP, locate the configuration section for your PARALLEL PORT and modify it to read ECP. If ECP is not a choice, use a variation of ECP, such as ECP & EPP, or ECP DMA1. Save changes and reboot. Windows 2000 should recognize this and list the Item ECP Printer port in the Device Manager of the Control Panel/System applet under "Ports". If your PC does not support ECP, it will likely fall below the minimum system requirements for Windows 2000. It is also recommended that you install Microsoft Service Pack 1 for Windows 2000.
Software Installation instructions:
1. Click the Download now button.
2. When prompted, choose Open to start the download and run the software installer.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to start the installation process.
4. Connect the cable between your HP all-in-one device and your PC when directed by on-screen instructions, and turn on your HP all-in-one device.
5. Wait for additional on-screen installation instructions before using the all-in-one.
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: