Holiday Guide: This Season's Hottest PC Games

By on November 15, 2011, 2:15 AM

Twenty-eleven is coming to a rapid conclusion and game makers are preparing to cash in on the holiday season by unleashing some of the year's finest titles. Although some of our most anticipated games wound up being duds on some level (Brink, Crysis 2, Duke Nukem Forever, Homefront, to name a few), there's still hope for the tailgunners of 2011.

In keeping with tradition, we've assembled a list of 16 PC games that should be on your radar for the frigid months ahead. Titles are ordered by their North American PC release date -- no earlier than September 15 and no later than December 31. Again, realize this is covering PC entries only, so don't be surprised by the lack of major console exclusives such as Gears of War 3 or Uncharted 3.

Read the complete article.

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

OMG I soooo want to play Skyrim, but I think it just might be beyond the capabilities of my Intel HD 3000 GPU. =( Oh well, here is to summer!

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

gwailo247 said:

I am in the exact same situation, Only got a HP Laptop with Intel HD 3000 Graphics on board Tempted to get a loan out at this point to get my desktop up and running again!

marinkvasina marinkvasina said:

Skyrim best game ever

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

burty117 said:

gwailo247 said:

Well, I have a computer that could play it, but its halfway across the globe right now collecting dust. I'm probably going to go home during the summer and ship it back to school, maybe slap a new GPU in there.

All for the best probably, I wouldn't get any studying done if I had a computer I could play games on. This one plays Civ IV just fine, so I'm all set when it comes to time wasters as it is.

fpsgamerJR62 said:

I've got my copy of Battlefield 3 already and Modern Warfare 3 is on the way. I might pick up LA Noire also although it's not an FPS. I'm kind of intrigued by the title, reminds me of a movie titled "LA Confidential". Old school detective work with shootouts . I'm surprised it even made it to the PC platform.

TorturedChaos, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Having fun with Skyrim - just wish I didn't have to run it on the lowest graphics settings. Guess my poor computer is finally meeting its match.

Enjoying Skyrim immensely @ 1080 w/ ultra settings! :p

SKYSTAR SKYSTAR said:

Great games, great review, great site, thanks a lot for the TechSpot team.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

LOL...I still have the original Trine and Torchlight that I purchased during one of those damn Steam sales and haven't even downloaded or looked at them.

Now I'm neck-deep into Skryim and BF3. Think I'll lay off the game purchases for a while. Or at least until Mass Effect 3 or Bioshock: Infinite comes out.

marinkvasina marinkvasina said:

I'm playing at 1920x1200 everything maxed out to ultra even those fade w/e max AA and max Anisotropic Filtering :*

Uh, why is Call of Porting: Modern Recycling 3 on here and Deus Ex: Human Revolution missing?

ramonsterns said:

Been playing Skyrim, having fun, but the game seems lazily made at times. I mean, how do you forget to make helmet meshes for an entire race?

I hate to be a party pooper but the trailers look like movies while actual gameplay looks like cartoons.

i might give skyrim a try again . once they fix the menus for PC

right now BF3 all the way! :D